The Off-Topic Thread

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Im just saying that if Crean is making almost what Brad is that's utterly ridiculous.   Brad holds what some might consider the most prestigious coaching job in all of basketball.  Crean is the coach at Georgia.  Oh and Brad is million x better coach.

We get it. But just saying there is no coach that's won the way Saban has. So you bring up Stevens... he hasnt won anything like Saban has. I think Steven's is fantastic, just saying his salary shouldn't be what Saban's is. 

7 hours ago, btownqb said:

We get it. But just saying there is no coach that's won the way Saban has. So you bring up Stevens... he hasnt won anything like Saban has. I think Steven's is fantastic, just saying his salary shouldn't be what Saban's is. 

Yepper.  Brad is an excellent coach.......but he ain't won nothing yet.

You said Coach K isn't worth what he makes well if you look at the revenue Duke basketball brings in and has brought in the past 30 years and compare it to what they would've brought in had they had some mediocre coach and had never won anything well I'd say he's worth what he makes and then some.  Now Jim Harbaugh is probably overpaid.  

37 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

You said Coach K isn't worth what he makes well if you look at the revenue Duke basketball brings in and has brought in the past 30 years and compare it to what they would've brought in had they had some mediocre coach and had never won anything well I'd say he's worth what he makes and then some.  Now Jim Harbaugh is probably overpaid.  

Football drives college sports.  The "Big House" is alwys sold out.

9 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I know I am probably in the minority, but I hate amusement parks. I want the last 12 hours of my life back. 

For me, it's not the ride itself, but the experience with my kids.  Even though they are now 12 and 14, it's a great feeling to be around them when they are laughing and having fun.  

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

For me, it's not the ride itself, but the experience with my kids.  Even though they are now 12 and 14, it's a great feeling to be around them when they are laughing and having fun.  

And there is the correct answer.  For the kids.

11 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I know I am probably in the minority, but I hate amusement parks. I want the last 12 hours of my life back. 

I hear you on this one. We live near Disney, and everyone who comes to visit wants to go.  About five years ago I said no more. We point them towards Orlando. Only so many times you can handle those crowds and craziness.

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

That is exactly how I get through it. Part of the problem was we stayed way too long for our kids ages due to my in laws. Kind of frustrating. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Where'd you go? 

Holiday World. To be fair if I have to go to one, this is the one I would choose. It’s just that even the best ones are still not my thing. Of my two kids, I’m getting the feeling my boy is starting to take after me. He was ready to go long before most. 

10 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Holiday World. To be fair if I have to go to one, this is the one I would choose. It’s just that even the best ones are still not my thing. Of my two kids, I’m getting the feeling my boy is starting to take after me. He was ready to go long before most. 

Gotta stay away from the weekends if possible bud!!! 

26 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I'm not an amusement park kind of person either, I hate fun and humor. But Holiday World is pretty sweet. It really is.

3 hours ago, RJPaisley said:

I hear you on this one. We live near Disney, and everyone who comes to visit wants to go.  About five years ago I said no more. We point them towards Orlando. Only so many times you can handle those crowds and craziness.

We love Disney.  We make the trek down there every couple of years.  Brings us together as a family better than anything else.

Just now, 5fouls said:

We love Disney.  We make the trek down there every couple of years.  Brings us together as a family better than anything else.

which park? We did the animal kingdom and walt disney world last summer, enjoyed them, but besides the animals, as a pure theme park, found Universal Studios better

52 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I believe you and your family might enjoy this You Tube Channel.  They post nearly daily. Mostly Disney, but other theme parks as well. And have been doing it for many years now.  I have to admit, I am addicted to their channel.

TheTimTracker - YouTube

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:59 AM, rico said:

But even a mediocre coach will still allow the University to earn millions. Look at Texas....barely mediocre for the last decade and they still out pace the field almost by double. Michigan could have Jerry Sandusky coaching it and it would still make a fortune. They are going to sell out basically every game....they have a huge tv contract...licensing of apparel etc...sure a good coach and successful team will net you more...but even a bad one and that university will still make money hand over fist.

Archived