The Off-Topic Thread

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought this would be appropriate here. So I spent a day in Bloomington last week just walking. Grabbing food, a beer here and there and one thing that just shocked me. Rental properties in Bloomington. There are dozens and dozens of homes between Kirkwood north to the stadium that rent for $3-$5k per month????? My old dump at Elkins is listed for $3100 per month now. Wow....just wow. 

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Thought this would be appropriate here. So I spent a day in Bloomington last week just walking. Grabbing food, a beer here and there and one thing that just shocked me. Rental properties in Bloomington. There are dozens and dozens of homes between Kirkwood north to the stadium that rent for $3-$5k per month????? My old dump at Elkins is listed for $3100 per month now. Wow....just wow. 

That is unreal.  Are they thinking they can rent those to a group of students, who would share the cost ?  I know, that was the case ..... way back when.... I shared a two bedroom apartment with two other of my friends at Colonial Crest.  We split the cost equally, three ways.  In this instance several students in one abode, with several beds, could share the cost, and make it somewhat affordable to live off campus. 

Hope you had a good time on campus. Just wish I could have been there to enjoy it with you. Food and beer in B-town. Does not get any better than that.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

So is Urban Meyer done at OSU?  The sports talking heads I listened to last night seem to think so if it plays out as it appears it is.

man wouldn't that be great!?  Every OSU fball fan i know is annoying as hell.  

if he was to be fired, how do you think this would likely affect the program in the coming years?

12 hours ago, milehiiu said:

That is unreal.  Are they thinking they can rent those to a group of students, who would share the cost ?  I know, that was the case ..... way back when.... I shared a two bedroom apartment with two other of my friends at Colonial Crest.  We split the cost equally, three ways.  In this instance several students in one abode, with several beds, could share the cost, and make it somewhat affordable to live off campus. 

Hope you had a good time on campus. Just wish I could have been there to enjoy it with you. Food and beer in B-town. Does not get any better than that.

I'm assuming they are for 4-5 people each. We all know what it costs to go to IU....but the living expenses have really soared. And it wasn't like there was just 1 or 2 houses...or streets. It was block after block of these prices.

51 minutes ago, RJPaisley said:

Yep, but few thought Izzo could weather that mess, but it seems he has. Urban might do the same. All I know is when he was here in Gainesville the players were frequently in the news.

31 arrests for Urban while at Florida....and those are just one's where the victims or people were brave enough to stand up to Florida/Urban and the football team. I keep going back and forth on what might happen with Urban. Probably will end up with some bs 3 game suspension.

14 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Worked with a guy who graduated IU a couple years ago. Dont know where he rented but it came up in conversation and he had to room with 4 others.

Last year my daughter stayed at the Monroe apartments just behind the mall and the rent for a 2 bed room was $1200.  There they co lease it so the you are just responsible for your half even if the other roommate leaves.  My daughter paid $600.00 a month and her roommate left a few weeks into the semester and never got another one the rest of the year.  This year she moved into the Stadium Crossing near the stadium and it is about a $100 cheaper.

The Urban Meyer deal is ridiculous.  I read an article yesterday and they interviewed the wife of the fired coach.  She goes on to say that she told Urban Meyer's wife and she was sure she told Urban about the abuse.  The wife also told her family and her husband's family about the abuse, but she never once went to the police.  She then goes on to say that Urban has a responsibility to protect his coaches, players, and families of both.  She said he should have said something to the school so that her husband would stop the abuse.  The thing I found absolutely ridiculous and hypocritical is the fact that she never once said in the interview that she regrets not going to the police or the fact that her own parents didn't tell anybody, all she was focused on was saying how its Urban Meyer's fault this wasn't stopped sooner.  What a joke, this issue is not a Urban Meyer issue its a domestic violence issue and he did absolutely nothing wrong in my eyes.  She didn't go to the police and didn't want to go to the police, nor did her own family go to the police or the school to report the abuse, but somehow it's Urban Meyer's responsibility. 

This screams money grab!

15 minutes ago, Montana Hoosier said:

The Urban Meyer deal is ridiculous.  I read an article yesterday and they interviewed the wife of the fired coach.  She goes on to say that she told Urban Meyer's wife and she was sure she told Urban about the abuse.  The wife also told her family and her husband's family about the abuse, but she never once went to the police.  She then goes on to say that Urban has a responsibility to protect his coaches, players, and families of both.  She said he should have said something to the school so that her husband would stop the abuse.  The thing I found absolutely ridiculous and hypocritical is the fact that she never once said in the interview that she regrets not going to the police or the fact that her own parents didn't tell anybody, all she was focused on was saying how its Urban Meyer's fault this wasn't stopped sooner.  What a joke, this issue is not a Urban Meyer issue its a domestic violence issue and he did absolutely nothing wrong in my eyes.  She didn't go to the police and didn't want to go to the police, nor did her own family go to the police or the school to report the abuse, but somehow it's Urban Meyer's responsibility. 

This screams money grab!

You're siding with a guy that knew a guy on his staff abused his PREGNANT WIFE and kept him on his staff. Think about that.

27 minutes ago, Montana Hoosier said:

This screams money grab!

You are kidding, right? because Urban has a responsibility if he knew what was going on to tell his bosses.  Also he knew what this guy did in 2009 and yet he hired him at OSU as well.

6 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

You're siding with a guy that knew a guy on his staff abused his PREGNANT WIFE and kept him on his staff. Think about that.

Put yourself in his shoes, the abused wife doesn't want to go to the police, she has already told her parents about it, she has told the abuser's parents about it, and she thinks Urban Meyer knows but she doesn't know for sure he does.  Why didn't her parents, herself, or her husbands parents go to the school or police?  If someone comes up to you and tells you a rumor or allegation and there hasn't even been a report filed, arrest, or investigation would you run to the school and tell them "hey one of my coaches' wives came up to me to report possible abuse by one of my coaches, I think we should fire him or put him on leave" I know I wouldn't do any of that until, I either saw evidence of the abuse or I had first hand information on the situation.  I don't know it's a tough deal, but for this lady and everybody else to blame Urban over her own family, friends, and the accused husband's family is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Montana Hoosier said:

No i'm not kidding.

Wow, I can't believe there is anyone who can try to justify Meyers involvement in this case.  To me there is no way he did not know what was going on and he should have took action right when he found out about the abuse.  I don't care if the guy was never convicted of a crime because what he did was inexcusable.  A person could get off from a murder charge but that does not mean I would hire the guy to work for me.

3 minutes ago, Montana Hoosier said:

Put yourself in his shoes, the abused wife doesn't want to go to the police, she has already told her parents about it, she has told the abuser's parents about it, and she thinks Urban Meyer knows but she doesn't know for sure he does.  Why didn't her parents, herself, or her husbands parents go to the school or police?  If someone comes up to you and tells you a rumor or allegation and there hasn't even been a report filed, arrest, or investigation would you run to the school and tell them "hey one of my coaches' wives came up to me to report possible abuse by one of my coaches, I think we should fire him or put him on leave" I know I wouldn't do any of that until, I either saw evidence of the abuse or I had first hand information on the situation.  I don't know it's a tough deal, but for this lady and everybody else to blame Urban over her own family, friends, and the accused husband's family is ridiculous.

If you actually look at the evidence, it is obvious that the guy was abusing his pregnant wife, and Urban Meyer knew about. Meyer is a scum bag, end of story. If I was in his shoes, the first thing I would have done would be to fire the guy, and then convince the wife to press charges. Because that's what a decent human being would do.

Archived