The Off-Topic Thread

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I / my firm fly Southwest all the time (it's based in Dallas), as in often at least once a week. All in all, it's a great airline, they treat you well, and they're usually very reasonably priced by comparison.

Southwest is SO much better than every other airline.

19 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Sorry. Not having assigned seats makes them not an option for me 

I fly fairly often on relatively short notice.  Almost every time I fly Southwest, I get an aisle seat like I prefer.  More than half the time I fly any other airline, I get stuck in a middle seat.  And in my experience, Southwest’s customer service is way better than other airlines’ (I will probably never let go of my grudge against American).

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Wasn't that fun?

Not as fun as going to the store and standing in line.  I cherish that stuff.  But I did find myself in quite in some puzzlement while there picking peanut butter.  Skippy or Jif?  A little voice in my head told me which one to pick.

4 minutes ago, rico said:

Not as fun as going to the store and standing in line.  I cherish that stuff.  But I did find myself in quite in some puzzlement while there picking peanut butter.  Skippy or Jif?  A little voice in my head told me which one to pick.

Peter Pan honey roast! You will thank me.  :)

48 minutes ago, rico said:

Skippy is telling you what to do right on the label. 

For the "Region Rats".......

Two blondes are in a river holding fishing poles with the lines in the water. A game warden comes up behind them, taps them on the shoulder and says, "Excuse me, ladies, I'd like to see your fishing licenses."

"We don't have any." replied the first woman.

"Well, if your going to fish, you need fishing licenses." said the game warden.

"But officer," replied the second girl, "we aren't fishing. All we have are magnets at the end of our lines and we're collecting debris off the bottom of the river."

The game warden lifted up the lines and, sure enough, there were horseshoe magnets tied on the end of each line. "Well, I know of no law against it," shrugged the game warden, "take all the debris you want." And with that, the game warden left.

As soon as he was out of sight, the women started laughing hysterically. "What a dumb Fish Cop! Doesn't he know that there are steelheads in this river?!"

4 minutes ago, Reacher said:

One of my favorite dad moments was taking my kids out with a guy I knew who let them drive his combine. 

Well my Dad won't let me touch this one.......long story.  I was in the passenger seat as he was running.  Waiting for him to dump so I could take a load in to the elevator.

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Think that Nick Saban would change his mind by choosing Culpepper over Brees back in the day? I know the Dolphins fans still think Saban is the biggest idiot in the world.

And history writes itself.  But what do Charger fans think?

Archived