The Off-Topic Thread

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Tiz10 said:

Eating at a little place on the beach called "Hoosiers in Paradise". 

Hoosier style Breaded tenderloin sandwich coming my way.

20181030_152718.jpg

Great little place. Been there a few times...in fact headed back in a few weeks for Thanksgiving while in Naples. I think they get their cocktail sauce from St. Elmo's still....with a small variation in it somehow. Pretty good beer list too. Enjoy!!

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Thanks for the info....  one of my IU favs

Kirk has done a lot with his life after losing his mother to a tornado, while still a student at IU.

IU player.  One of the last to implement and use the sky hook

NBA player

Author.

51IFsDHNFTL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg 

And now, politician.

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

@Billingsley99 you remember that time you said the colts were the 32nd best team in the power Rankings lol 

How off base you were. Unreal. 

Told you at the time if we have Andrew Luck we have a chance. Smh. 

Though true, I believe much of the teams success has come from the foundation of the o line.  I give credit to Luck for keeping us close in the games we lost.  The real head scratcher now, is this current winning streak a result of the coach's faith in the team on that 4th down call.  I still believe it was the wrong call, but as the wins pile up, I'm not so sure as to what it's done for the teams morale and faith in each other, from Reich on down.

How do I get this thread back on topic?

34 minutes ago, PoHoosier said:

Though true, I believe much of the teams success has come from the foundation of the o line.  I give credit to Luck for keeping us close in the games we lost.  The real head scratcher now, is this current winning streak a result of the coach's faith in the team on that 4th down call.  I still believe it was the wrong call, but as the wins pile up, I'm not so sure as to what it's done for the teams morale and faith in each other, from Reich on down.

Doesn't matter... calling them as bad as he did was laughable at best. 

1 hour ago, PoHoosier said:

Maybe I have slept since then. I am a huge fan and want them to be successful.  Last years product was terrible.

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Maybe I have slept since then. I am a huge fan and want them to be successful.  Last years product was terrible.

You mean the year Andrew Luck was out the entire year?  Ballard has this organization going in the right direction, and this last draft could be talked about as one of the best in franchise history with arguably two players being pro bowlers in their first season.  I also think it was a blessing in disguise that McDaniels backed out and we got Reich.  Heck of a leader and a good playcaller/play designer.

1 hour ago, StLHoosier said:

You mean the year Andrew Luck was out the entire year?  Ballard has this organization going in the right direction, and this last draft could be talked about as one of the best in franchise history with arguably two players being pro bowlers in their first season.  I also think it was a blessing in disguise that McDaniels backed out and we got Reich.  Heck of a leader and a good playcaller/play designer.

Though I was pissed when McDaniels backed out, I’m so glad he did, as I was never really a fan of his. I love the Ballard/Reich combo, I think they will bring us another Super Bowl win.

48 minutes ago, Hoosrnight said:

Though I was pissed when McDaniels backed out, I’m so glad he did, as I was never really a fan of his. I love the Ballard/Reich combo, I think they will bring us another Super Bowl win.

I am too.  But clearly they kept Grigson and Pagano way too long and wasted half of Lucks career.  It was obvious they both had no idea what they were doing the day they were hired.  Missing on McDaniels was definitely a blessing in disguise.  He'll be nothing once Belicheat retires.  Ballard is the real deal.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

The crowd at the PAC 12 championship game looks to be about the same size as one of our home games 

And the loudest cheers were made in jest at the PAC 12 Commissioner I believe....regarding call that went against Washington earlier in the season. Given the horrible call towards end of game he probably will get more heat.

18 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Would y'all welcome the latest to the Hoosier family?  Tucker Solomon.   He's doing great.  Mom had a little rough time and they have us in sort of an intensive care situation monitoring platelets and liver enzymes.  We are out of the woods though.  

20181130_053338.jpg

Congratulations!  Hope everything continues going well, and hope everyone stays healthy.  I just found out yesterday that my wife is pregnant with our third 😀.

21 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Would y'all welcome the latest to the Hoosier family?  Tucker Solomon.   He's doing great.  Mom had a little rough time and they have us in sort of an intensive care situation monitoring platelets and liver enzymes.  We are out of the woods though.  

20181130_053338.jpg

Congrats and welcome to the world Tucker! Make sure to post a pic of him dressed in his first IU clothes :D

3 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Named after my grandpa Tucker who had 3 girls.  

Thanks everyone.  

Congratulations! I have 3 grown children, and let me tell you, you're entering the most difficult yet most rewarding job of your life.

Is this your first? I'll tell you what my Dad told me when my first was born..."You spend the first two years teaching them to walk and talk, and the next 16 telling them to shut up and sit down." 😁

Archived