The Off-Topic Thread

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A disclaimer for anyone even thinking about giving Victor’s music a listen.....Don’t. Filthy filthy lyrics, and just a huge disappointment.( I was  just wanting to hear what he sounded like)  I don’t think I would have listened as a teenager. I was hoping for a Boyz to Men vibe... sounds more like something for Jerry Springer..Not something for a Sunday listen, either, lol.  Love the kid, and he’s one of my all time favs. But the lyrics on the very first song were so bad... and just nasty.... I was not expecting. All I could do was laugh. 

2 hours ago, Rev_AK said:

A disclaimer for anyone even thinking about giving Victor’s music a listen.....Don’t. Filthy filthy lyrics, and just a huge disappointment.( I was  just wanting to hear what he sounded like)  I don’t think I would have listened as a teenager. I was hoping for a Boyz to Men vibe... sounds more like something for Jerry Springer..Not something for a Sunday listen, either, lol.  Love the kid, and he’s one of my all time favs. But the lyrics on the very first song were so bad... and just nasty.... I was not expecting. All I could do was laugh. 

Thanks for the warning. That's a big disappointment from an otherwise seemingly high character young man. I was similarly disappointed in a very vulgar tweet from Al Durham earlier this year when I have such a high opinion of him as a person and as a player.

I guess you have to expect that with the people these young guys looking up to using ungentlemanly language. Just a little disappointing to me personally although I'll still root for them.

5 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Thanks for the warning. That's a big disappointment from an otherwise seemingly high character young man. I was similarly disappointed in a very vulgar tweet from Al Durham earlier this year when I have such a high opinion of him as a person and as a player.

I guess you have to expect that with the people these young guys looking up to using ungentlemanly language. Just a little disappointing to me personally although I'll still root for them.

It’s a cultural shift, to be sure. I’m 38, I spent some formative years in an urban part of Dayton, Ohio, and I came up with some vulgar music being some of my favorite to listen to. But, it’s definitely the norm now for the younger generations.

Don't want to turn this into a debate at all. Simply asking the following. Does anyone know if the NCAA has changed it's policies on marijuana testing or if players still get suspended? Reason I ask with Michigan going legal today and so many other states already legalized it.....can the NCAA continue to enforce their own rules? Or since a majority of NCAA schools are public funded do they have to operate by state or federal rules because of that?

41 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Don't want to turn this into a debate at all. Simply asking the following. Does anyone know if the NCAA has changed it's policies on marijuana testing or if players still get suspended? Reason I ask with Michigan going legal today and so many other states already legalized it.....can the NCAA continue to enforce their own rules? Or since a majority of NCAA schools are public funded do they have to operate by state or federal rules because of that?

Even if the NCAA steps away from enforcement, I still see most schools having it be a violation of team rules.  Most still have rules against alcohol consumption, which has been legal and socially accepted for 90 years.

3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I think that I read that even though the laws have changed in Michigan, employers can still enforce a no-drug policy, and fire employees that violate their rules.

Michigan is an at-will state. Meaning an employer can fire an employee for any reason, so long as it is not illegal, such as firing an employee because of race.  Therefore, no need for a no drug policy.  

Same as in Colorado. However, some companies can set up rules, so long as they are written.   I once worked for a company before Colorado instituted at-will employment.  New employees had to take drug tests, and would get fired if they used.  But they were not allowed to drug test me, or other long time employees, as we were hired before the drug testing rule came about. 

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Btw.. Colts are up to 9th in the power rankings. Lol remember when some on here were saying they should be 32nd hahahaha

Also said the AFC South was weak.. 6th, 9th, 14th ranked teams are in the South. 

No other division has 3 in the top 15. 

What issue do you have? That was after week 3 last year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with Scott freaking Tolzien as QB and Pagano as coach. Remind me what draft pick we had last year, pretty close to being 31st huh??  Get over yourself the Colts are good and I for 1 am glad and last year they SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!! The product on the field was crap almost half the roster turned over a new coach and a healthy Andrew Luck. takes zero brains to know they are better. Guess what I have put many other things on here as well that might not be correct either. I apologize for not being nearly as perfect as you are sir. Please accept my most sincere (cough cough) apology.  Here is your award for being correct for being smarter for being more intelligent for knowing more about football and especially the Colts. I will also put up  a billboard next to Lucas Oil proclaiming btownqb to be the know all when it comes to football. Congrats my friend enjoy your award.

Image result for smart ass trophy pic

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

What issue do you have? That was after week 3 last year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with Scott freaking Tolzien as QB and Pagano as coach. Remind me what draft pick we had last year, pretty close to being 31st huh??  Get over yourself the Colts are good and I for 1 am glad and last year they SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!! The product on the field was crap almost half the roster turned over a new coach and a healthy Andrew Luck. takes zero brains to know they are better. Guess what I have put many other things on here as well that might not be correct either. I apologize for not being nearly as perfect as you are sir. Please accept my most sincere (cough cough) apology.  Here is your award for being correct for being smarter for being more intelligent for knowing more about football and especially the Colts. I will also put up  a billboard next to Lucas Oil proclaiming btownqb to be the know all when it comes to football. Congrats my friend enjoy your award.

last year was a blessing in disguise.  My wife and I flew to LA for vacation and attended the Rams vs Colts beatdown that the rams handed us.  It was brutal and I was embarrassed lol.  Scott Tolzien is hands down worse than Curtis Painter, Stephan Morris or Philip Walker is better than Tolzien.  Pagano is a good guy and is better served as a defensive backs coach, not a head coach! 

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Not to be picky, but shouldn't an award have some sort of attached plate or plaque that indicates what it is for?  This award seems to be lacking in that area.  Without an indicator of some sort, the award is pretty crappy in my opinion.  :coffee:

11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Not to be picky, but shouldn't an award have some sort of attached plate or plaque that indicates what it is for?  This award seems to be lacking in that area.  Without an indicator of some sort, the award is pretty crappy in my opinion.  :coffee:

What I would put on the plaque may not be suitable for all ages😀

6 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

You were incredibly confident with how bad the colts would be. And it was simply baseless. Andrew Luck is simply too good.. then you throw in Chris Ballard 🤷‍♂️... either way. I guessed like 7-9 (ish).. you kept saying how awful they were. Idk why you're surprised when people remember claims you've made? (Not you.. just people in general). You literally acted like I couldn't be more ignorant to tell you that we weren't anywhere close to 32nd in power Rankings this coming year. Tried to tell me how great Jax, Tennessee, and Houston were... we are 3-2 combined against those teams and absolutely could be 5-0. 

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

You were incredibly confident with how bad the colts would be. And it was simply baseless. Andrew Luck is simply too good.. then you throw in Chris Ballard 🤷‍♂️... either way. I guessed like 7-9 (ish).. you kept saying how awful they were. Idk why you're surprised when people remember claims you've made? (Not you.. just people in general). You literally acted like I couldn't be more ignorant to tell you that we weren't anywhere close to 32nd in power Rankings this coming year. Tried to tell me how great Jax, Tennessee, and Houston were... we are 3-2 combined against those teams and absolutely could be 5-0. 

Last years team was awful. We were with Cleveland and the Jets at the bottom of the league.  Thank God what a difference a year makes.  Congrats you were right.

Archived