The Off-Topic Thread

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

The dude Cynn who is HU for the WSOP ME is an IU guy. I kinda hate poker now but I’ll watch to root for him!

Cynn won.  I love poker and watched up until about 2:30 this morning.  Taped several shows after, but not enough.  It apparently lasted until almost 8 a.m. Eastern.  Playing in the WSOP main event is a bucket list item of mine.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Cynn won.  I love poker and watched up until about 2:30 this morning.  Taped several shows after, but not enough.  It apparently lasted until almost 8 a.m. Eastern.  Playing in the WSOP main event is a bucket list item of mine.

Nice! I watched until 3am. So hungover. Glad he won. He seemed like the better of the two.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Thought it would get more notice in this thread. IU Baseball is adding long time Bloomington/Lake Monroe resident Scott Rolen to our staff. Needless to say...pretty big addition!

Like St. Louis professional baseball player and Jasper native Scott Rolen?!!

Scott Rolen brings back some memories. Watched him play in high scool. I got his autograph on a baseball and on a baseball glove behind my dads house in Ireland before he went to play for the Phillies.  

My dad also worked for Mauck Supply in Jasper, so I have met Matt Mauck who was recruited by Nick Saban when he was at MSU.  Matt Mauck went to play for the cubs farm league, and then played qb for Saban at LSU for the 2007 BCS title.  

And also have watched Micheal Lewis play when he was in high school and had some shoot arounds with him. 

6 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Scott Rolen brings back some memories. Watched him play in high scool. I got his autograph on a baseball and on a baseball glove behind my dads house in Ireland before he went to play for the Phillies.  

My dad also worked for Mauck Supply in Jasper, so I have met Matt Mauck who was recruited by Nick Saban when he was at MSU.  Matt Mauck went to play for the cubs farm league, and then played qb for Saban at LSU for the 2007 BCS title.  

And also have watched Micheal Lewis play when he was in high school and had some shoot arounds with him. 

Neat !  Thanks for sharing. 

8 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I played against Rolan in High School.  He played for Jasper and I played for Boonville. 

I played Against Matt's older Brother in football.  Jasper ran that stupid Power Pitch offense.

On 7/18/2018 at 11:11 PM, mrflynn03 said:

Was Rolen a big time basketball player too?  I thought I heard that.  

His defense at third was big time. Great athlete for the position.  He’s that prototype athelete you want at third. Those types are hard to find.  Rolen had great hands, quickness, strong arm.  Imagine the credibility he’d have with young players and their parents.  Can’t help but think he’s a great hire for IU.  

7 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

For those golf fans on here. Tiger is -5 after 11 and charging. Carnoustie is serving up some low rounds today.

I hope Tiger can win another major. He obviously screwed himself up along with his ex, but man the guy is due. He was chasing the Golden Bear and then it all fell apart. And I'm not much of a golf fan, but golf is a lot more interesting when Tiger is in the hunt.

I guess I'm getting old...started following several IU players and I'm gonna have to unfollow Al Durham.  One of my favorite players, but I'm just disappointed in the character of some of his liked tweets.  Not to pick on Al...I don't follow all the players, but have noticed a couple of Al's likes being pretty salty.

Thank God there was no social media when I was Al's age, although I'd hope I'd shown just a little more decorum knowing the whole world was seeing what I was following.

Archived