The Off-Topic Thread

If Bazley gets to the league and earns multiple contracts my following point is moot. After taxes, fees by agents, attorney, cpa's,etc....he'll earn maybe 35% of that $1M which is all he's guaranteed. It has to be extremely difficult to be so close to the $ and still think long term but to me this route is extremely short sided. The old cliche is exposure means exposure. He goes to the G league and gets exposed....no NBA first round $. 

I'm not a Boeheim fan at all but can appreciate his straight talk in this instance. 

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/23/2018 at 9:58 AM, Seeking6 said:

If Bazley gets to the league and earns multiple contracts my following point is moot. After taxes, fees by agents, attorney, cpa's,etc....he'll earn maybe 35% of that $1M which is all he's guaranteed. It has to be extremely difficult to be so close to the $ and still think long term but to me this route is extremely short sided. The old cliche is exposure means exposure. He goes to the G league and gets exposed....no NBA first round $. 

I'm not a Boeheim fan at all but can appreciate his straight talk in this instance. 

His $1M can turn into $14M with incentives, I believe. And he isn't going to the G League, he is sitting out then going to the draft. 

19 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Just saw this posted online...local storage facility business.  Pure genius marketing.

Creepy Doll.jpg

True story —

years ago when my wife was an associate at a big white shoe law firm, we went to a party at a partner’s house. 

He showed us their cabbage patch doll room. A bedroom, completely for the dolls. Dolls on the bed, in chairs, on shelves, staring out at us from the closet, lookinh up at us from the floor....

Creepy. Weird. Bizarre. What adult devotes a bedroom for dolls?? 

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

True story —

years ago when my wife was an associate at a big white shoe law firm, we went to a party at a partner’s house. 

He showed us their cabbage patch doll room. A bedroom, completely for the dolls. Dolls on the bed, in chairs, on shelves, staring out at us from the closet, lookinh up at us from the floor....

Not cabbage patch.  But, I have a room full of blow up dolls.  

7 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

True story —

My last job was for a low voltage company.  One of the many things we did was rewire apartment complexes for cable TV/sat systems.  But anyway I would get into apartments and saw some strange things.  One guy had a bedroom full of nothing but Winnie the Pooh.  Another nothing but "I Dream of Jeanie" stuff.  A woman had a room dedicated to Red Skelton, mostly clowns.

9 hours ago, rico said:

My last job was for a low voltage company.  One of the many things we did was rewire apartment complexes for cable TV/sat systems.  But anyway I would get into apartments and saw some strange things.  One guy had a bedroom full of nothing but Winnie the Pooh.  Another nothing but "I Dream of Jeanie" stuff.  A woman had a room dedicated to Red Skelton, mostly clowns.

Red Skelton? You must have been in  Vincennes. 

66284-DVD.thumb.jpg.6a559ac68d82b2d51d9ea92981b192f4.jpg

Archived