The Off-Topic Thread

19 minutes ago, btownqb said:

You were incredibly confident with how bad the colts would be. And it was simply baseless. Andrew Luck is simply too good.. then you throw in Chris Ballard 🤷‍♂️... either way. I guessed like 7-9 (ish).. you kept saying how awful they were. Idk why you're surprised when people remember claims you've made? (Not you.. just people in general). You literally acted like I couldn't be more ignorant to tell you that we weren't anywhere close to 32nd in power Rankings this coming year. Tried to tell me how great Jax, Tennessee, and Houston were... we are 3-2 combined against those teams and absolutely could be 5-0. 

At that point CP was still the coach Luck had not thrown a ball and the roster was pure crap. Terrible OL no pass rush, no run game. 1 play maker. Inexperienced line backers.  The strong part was our secondary and it was torn apart by injury. Our best players last year were Our kicker and punter.  I would say Ballard has done an A+ job with personel and coaches. If you think last year's team was anything other than crap I have nothing for you. My statements were far from baseless.

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Last years team was awful. We were with Cleveland and the Jets at the bottom of the league.  Thank God what a difference a year makes.  Congrats you were right.

My whole point was were going to be simply a way better team coming into this year because of #12. But my god that draft class. 

8 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

At that point CP was still the coach Luck had not thrown a ball and the roster was pure crap. Terrible OL no pass rush, no run game. 1 play maker. Inexperienced line backers.  The strong part was our secondary and it was torn apart by injury. Our best players last year were Our kicker and punter.  I would say Ballard has done an A+ job with personel and coaches. If you think last year's team was anything other than crap I have nothing for you. My statements were far from baseless.

Those comments you made were in July. Not when Pagano was the coach. 

Not sure of the history here but I'll say this as a Bears fan. Ballard is as good as they come. He was in the room when we had 7-8 of our most successful drafts. Not a coincidence. I think Ballard is top 5 in the business. His roster at KC right now is exhibit A, B, and C. Colts with good coaching, another draft and $127M in cap space? 11-13 wins season next year.

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not sure of the history here but I'll say this as a Bears fan. Ballard is as good as they come. He was in the room when we had 7-8 of our most successful drafts. Not a coincidence. I think Ballard is top 5 in the business. His roster at KC right now is exhibit A, B, and C. Colts with good coaching, another draft and $127M in cap space? 11-13 wins season next year.

Now I know you know there is a NFL thread in the Animal House.  Don't lie.  LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Archived