The Off-Topic Thread

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Creaning is probably the stupidest term used on IU boards. It honestly speaks to lack of knowledge of the CB landscape. 

Not everyone can have a verb named after them.  He should be Proud.  And trust me, it wasn't just our boards.  The Iowa fans i know also called it Creaning which i thought was hilarious

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Not everyone can have a verb named after them.  He should be Proud.  And trust me, it wasn't just our boards.  The Iowa fans i know also called it Creaning which i thought was hilarious

IIRC, this was started by the Marquette fans.

1 minute ago, ADegenerate said:

I’m embarrassed that I don’t know this but I’m assuming the scholly gets pulled form a roster player? I’m assuming the scholarships are one year deals but it’s an unwritten rule that they get all 4? 

You're in the ballpark. 

34 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Creaning is probably the stupidest term used on IU boards. It honestly speaks to lack of knowledge of the CB landscape. 

Sounds like something an ignoramus Turdue fan would say. No offense, DBM...I know it wasn't your term.  I just get annoyed at some of the ignorant and petty terms I read on GBI (but of course, I'm happy to reciprocate calling them Smellermakers.)

25 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Sounds like something an ignoramus Turdue fan would say. No offense, DBM...I know it wasn't your term.  I just get annoyed at some of the ignorant and petty terms I read on GBI (but of course, I'm happy to reciprocate calling them Smellermakers.)

The fact some other fans made fun of him and literally called him "clappy"... lol I just can't. Too stupid. 

38 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The fact some other fans made fun of him and literally called him "clappy"... lol I just can't. Too stupid. 

With you here. While he had his faults as a coach and wasn't able to win consistently at the level needed for IU, the "creaning" and "clappy" labels are just silly. He did a great deal for IU, resurrected the basketball program on the court and in the classroom, he deserves better than silly labels.

18 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

With you here. While he had his faults as a coach and wasn't able to win consistently at the level needed for IU, the "creaning" and "clappy" labels are just silly. He did a great deal for IU, resurrected the basketball program on the court and in the classroom, he deserves better than silly labels.

I just refrain from making fun of mannerisms. Seems so petty. Now... on the other hand.. McCaffrey is a doucheeee lol 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

I just refrain from making fun of mannerisms. Seems so petty. Now... on the other hand.. McCaffrey is a doucheeee lol 

LOL...McCaffrey has some very entertaining meltdowns. I hope he never leaves the B1G.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Didn't see the number because it's apparently protected and premium....but sounds like IU APR dropped again in Crean's last year. Assuming 3 early departures hurt us there? Looks like 943 is average. 930 is what it takes to compete in tourney.

You know he raised the APR from the dredges and significantly over his term as coach, right?

22 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

You know he raised the APR from the dredges and significantly over his term as coach, right?

Nope. Didn't know that at all. Had zero clue what Crean took over. I just started being an IU fan 14 minutes ago. Didn't know that he took over scores of 890, 899, 866, and 878. C'mon dude? 

Anyway. Back to my point. Did the averages decline just because of more guys going to the league? Or league and transfers? 

6 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

'Fouling', thank you very much.  :coffee:

7 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Figures released today by the NCAA regarding IU's Men's Basketball Team APR's :

Academic Progress Rate 

(Fill in the school, and the program, and the number of years in order to view it for yourself )

After several perfect 1,000 APR's Crean finished his career at IU with three consecutive years of lower APR's.

Priller must have had senioritis 😛

55 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Nope. Didn't know that at all. Had zero clue what Crean took over. I just started being an IU fan 14 minutes ago. Didn't know that he took over scores of 890, 899, 866, and 878. C'mon dude? 

Anyway. Back to my point. Did the averages decline just because of more guys going to the league? Or league and transfers? 

Lol didn't mean to rattle you. My bad

4 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

He did some good things and I'm sure he's good man but he's easily the weirdest coach I have ever heard of.  Again, not a bad man just a very, very strange one.

And Creaning is now a verb.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Creaning

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

He did some good things and I'm sure he's good man but he's easily the weirdest coach I have ever heard of.  Again, not a bad man just a very, very strange one.

And Creaning is now a verb.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Creaning

I noticed several of those were made by Illini fans. Do they think they are a rival or something?

Urban Dictionary...LOL...always good for a laugh. Even though I think it's a ridiculous term, there was some funny stuff there.

6 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I noticed several of those were made by Illini fans. Do they think they are a rival or something?

Urban Dictionary...LOL...always good for a laugh. Even though I think it's a ridiculous term, there was some funny stuff there.

They wish they were our rival.  Underwoods contract gives him extras if he beats IU.

6 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

They wish they were our rival.  Underwoods contract gives him extras if he beats IU.

Isn't that pathetic?  I laughed long & hard when I heard that.  I always thought Purdue was little brother, but Illinois has been acting like a pesky baby brother lately.

Archived