Iu game Saturday with FIU Canceled

Indykev

I can't understand why, IU could not have offered lodging, shelter , food and practice facility time, for the FIU team.  Rather than agreeing to cancel the game.  Really think this is irresponsible of Mr. Glass.... no different than having a tournament BB game moved out of Btown, like last year.

Honestly have to wonder about Mr. Glass's ability when it comes to forward thinking. 

Depending on how one looks at it ,the timing of the cancellation ,and proposed moved game date could either help or hurt IU and there are several different scenarios which could play out as a result of sitting in week 3 as opposed to playing..Same goes for playing an OOC game between top 10 B1G opponents PSU and Michigan,as opposed to catching a near-midseason week off to rest from what should be a very physical game against the Nittany Kitten--ys

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I can't understand why, IU could not have offered lodging, shelter , food and practice facility time, for the FIU team.  Rather than agreeing to cancel the game.  Really think this is irresponsible of Mr. Glass.... no different than having a tournament BB game moved out of Btown, like last year.

Honestly have to wonder about Mr. Glass's ability when it comes to forward thinking. 

FIU is in Birmingham, Al. with 179 athletes from all sports. Glass offered to flight all of them from there for the week and FIU said no.

5 hours ago, Indykev said:

FIU is in Birmingham, Al. with 179 athletes from all sports. Glass offered to flight all of them from there for the week and FIU said no.

Glad to hear that Mr. Glass did what I consider he should have done.  Still.... hard to fathom why FIU would turn down the offer, much less a pay check. 

Several teams with open dates on Oct. 7.

IU looking for Oct. 7 opponent after canceling FIU game because - WDRB 41 Louisville News

One that peaked my interest is Wyoming.  I would love for IU fans to see two guys from my area that are on the Wyoming team.  Both great athletes.  One.... Austin Conway who played basketball along with De'Ron Davis at Overland.  And the other.... a terrific runner..... Milo Hall..... from Cherry Creek High.... just down the road from me.

Archived