Editing/Deleting posts?

eddy4iu

Will the ability to edit and/or delete one's own posts be coming soon?  I have a post on the ticket forum relative to the FIU game that has been cancelled.  I would like to delete that post or at least edit it so a mod can delete it.

I would also edit my other post on the tix forum if I could.

Thoughts? 

Thanks.

1 hour ago, eddy4iu said:

Will the ability to edit and/or delete one's own posts be coming soon?  I have a post on the ticket forum relative to the FIU game that has been cancelled.  I would like to delete that post or at least edit it so a mod can delete it.

I would also edit my other post on the tix forum if I could.

Thoughts? 

Thanks.

Eddy.  There appears to be some sort of time limit on editing.  When I saw your post, I questioned it because I have edited.  But, as I go back, I can't edit things that are aged, but can posts that are more recent.  Don't know what the time limit is though.

What a silly feature to have on default!

Editing used to be a 5 minute barrier.  I've removed it completely.

I'd like to keep deleting of posts mod-enabled for right now.  I've run into problems in the past where offending content, for example, gets deleted and it's troublesome for us to view and make a judgement.  If this presents a substantial problem, happy to revisit this issue.  If you have a post that you need deleted, feel free to shoot one of us a PM.

Thanks for bringing this up.  With any system, lots of default features.  We're always happy to do our best to customize the experience to best benefit our users.  This is a great example.  

Archived