Oladipo to Drive the Indy 500 Pace Car

23 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I'm personally pretty excited about this.  I love the Indy 500 at an equal level I love IU basketball.  I will be attending my 25th this year.  I even started a thread about this year's race in the Animal House.  This is combining my two sports passions.  

Since being elevated to Chancellor Emeritus..... the power of the merge has been taken away from me.  I was never good at it anyway. So no big loss. LOL.  This post should have been started in your thread in the Animal House.

And since it is here.... I will link your thread here.

2018 Indianapolis 500 - The Animal House - Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Parakeet.... thanks for being aware that the "Animal House" exists as part of HSN. 

5 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Since being elevated to Chancellor Emeritus..... the power of the merge has been taken away from me.  I was never good at it anyway. So no big loss. LOL.  This post should have been started in your thread in the Animal House.

And since it is here.... I will link your thread here.

2018 Indianapolis 500 - The Animal House - Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Parakeet.... thanks for being aware that the "Animal House" exists as part of HSN. 

This is about Victor Oladipo, IU basketball player, so...naw. It stays here and belongs here.

The thing about Vic is this. Here's a kid from Maryland but somehow he's pure Hoosier.  With the exception of 2 other athletes I haven't watched an athlete match up with a city and state since the other two did. Those two out of state guys were Reggie and Peyton. Time will tell if Vic can match that level of fandom and success....but Vic is everything we want in an athlete representing not only IU on the big stage but Indiana.

PS...I have no idea what Vic was like in Bloomington on off nights...but usually after a year you hear things in Indy about guys. I know Reggie liked to have fun. Varying levels of rumors regarding Peyton. But with Victor....not a peep. I hear nothing about him being out. 

53 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

The thing about Vic is this. Here's a kid from Maryland but somehow he's pure Hoosier.  With the exception of 2 other athletes I haven't watched an athlete match up with a city and state since the other two did. Those two out of state guys were Reggie and Peyton. Time will tell if Vic can match that level of fandom and success....but Vic is everything we want in an athlete representing not only IU on the big stage but Indiana.

PS...I have no idea what Vic was like in Bloomington on off nights...but usually after a year you hear things in Indy about guys. I know Reggie liked to have fun. Varying levels of rumors regarding Peyton. But with Victor....not a peep. I hear nothing about him being out. 

I was in the same class as Vic, he used to come and party at the frat house.  Never saw him take a drink during basketball season, but did see him take plenty of women home, lol.  My understanding was that he partied like anyone else in the offseason, but during the season he was all business.  Always respected that.

10 hours ago, BoomBaby said:

I bet he would do a good job singing "Back Home Again In Indiana" now that Jim Nabors is no longer around.  Just read that an IU Music grad, Jim Cornelison,  sang it last year and will again this year, though.

He did a fantastic job last year.  I think he will be the permanent guy.  

5 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

He did a fantastic job last year.  I think he will be the permanent guy.  

As he should be. Did a phenomenal job. Hoosier ties. Makes sense. Of course I want Kid Rock to be permanent Carb Day act so I guess we can't always get everything we want. 

Or just once I'd love to see a huge act. Metallica, Pearl Jam...put 80k inside there like they did for Rolling Stones. Would be huge addition to track. 

Archived