FCS Charleston Southern Replaces FIU

DJ, I was about to say that too.  Bama always has those automatic W's.  We bought a win.  Under the circumstances, i am not surprised what we did.  We needed the revenue and the victory. I think we are allowed that game for our win counts and bowl eligibility story (correct me if I'm wrong because we also have GA Southern). 

2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I think we are allowed that game for our win counts and bowl eligibility story (correct me if I'm wrong because we also have GA Southern). 

Correct. The B1G allows us to schedule it because we only have 4 B1G home games. And Georgia Southern is FBS (Sun Belt) so we are allowed to count the Charleston Southern game toward our bowl eligibility.

19 hours ago, Indykev said:

I just saw this. Embarrassing for Glass and Allen to play this team. #Breakthrough. I know they only had so many options but come on.

Not sure who else you want Glass to schedule.  There is a finite number of teams available, plus it would be insane to schedule South Florida or Georgia Tech.  That game is sandwiched by Penn State and Michigan if I remember correctly.

We need three non-conference wins with the conference schedule we play.  Getting to 6 wins has to be the priority over a challenging non-conference schedule.

By the way , Florida International would have been a much more of a challenge for IU than Charleston Southern in my honest opinion ! However, My thoughts on the Mississippi state vs. Charleston Southern game is this; Do any of us [at this point in time] know how GOOD Mississippi State is going to be for the entire season?? No-we do not ! I hope we prepare as hard for Charleston Southern as we would for any Big Ten Conference game ! Mississippi State is now 2 & 0 after demolishing Louisiana Tech 57 to 21 ( La Tech had scored 52 points in their First game ) Mississippi State is now averaging 53 points per game whil averaging only giving uo 10.5 points per game !!  Charleston Southern Will play at Elon this Saturday -Sept. 16 ,2017. Elon lost their first game to Toledo 47 to 13 ! Then Elon beat Furman 34 to 31 last Saturday ! I think the Charleston Southern at Elon game [tomorrow] will make the picture even clearer about the quality of Charleston Southern's football team !!

Archived