DE Beau Robbins Commits

KDB

• 2 weeks later...

Not surprised as this has been speculated about for awhile, but it is great news.  Impact bookends at end with James Head.   I haven’t seen either play, so let’s see.  Sometimes I get surprised.  I didn’t expect to see Jacob Robinson emerge as a DT.   The way the body changes from high school into college can be radical.   

On 247, he's our highest ranked commit since Booth in 14 and Latham in 13.  Love the way our defensive line is shaping up.  Hopefully we can get a DT in this class, and I think we'll have a solid defensive line set up for a few years.

Watched some of his highlight video and thought he looked great.  Good size, athleticism, and showed some aggression when tackling.  One thing that stuck out to me to is that I saw a few plays where the ball went away from him, he stayed home and waited for the ball to come back and he was there to make a stop.  Makes me think he has a high football IQ.

• 5 months later...

Robbins won mental attitude award at the state finals this weekend,  love seeing that quality talent and attitude joining the program. 

I just found out this week a friend of mine is Beau's cousin.  She and I were talking at church on Sunday and we were discussing him going to IU.  She said he is really excited about signing and can't wait to get to campus. 

After another 5-7 year I am glad to hear there isn't any waffling on his committment. 

Archived