Phinisee

Fundamentals

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I'm very happy with the pickup for a variety of reasons.  He sees the floor well, is crafty, can dish but also shoot just fine.  He's in-state and will be a long term piece.  

P.S. I was formerly known as AbeFroman but burned out on the name.  Ten years was a good run with that name.  

But who will be our sausage king now?!?!?!?

1 hour ago, hoosierfan615 said:

Me too!!! Now if the problem with scrolling down all through ESPN's content could be solved for me that would be great!

HoosierFaithful is on it. He has 25 hamsters working in the background to work out all the bugs.

Great to see everybody joining us here. It means a lot to the mod team!!

7 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

HoosierFaithful is on it. He has 25 hamsters working in the background to work out all the bugs.

Great to see everybody joining us here. It means a lot to the mod team!!

Very nice of you to put your gerbiling on pause to help out HF. 

23 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Solid pickup although from what I've watched of him he looks like a backup PG on an elite team and never a starter.  I thought we already had our backups in Greene and Durham.

I dont see Green being a back up.  He might be this year, but would be because we have a 4th and 5th year senior in our back court. I see him as our 3rd guard. 

57 minutes ago, DunkinDipo said:

I agree. I don't see how he comes in and starts as a freshman over a junior Green. No way. I see him as our backup pg until he's an upperclassman. And  I'm not super excited about another short PG. He appears to be a poor man's Yogi to me.

I'll admit, I know nothing about the kid, not even how to say his name; so saying Green will start over him has everything to do with the fact that I think Green is going to turn into a stud than any shortcomings (no pun intended) Phinisee may or maynot have.

3 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Isn't he 6'1?  It's not like he's 5'8.  It will be nice having a legit point guard who can see the floor and not a shooting guard masquerading as a point guard.   

I think it is Scout that has him listed at 5'11 and 160 lbs. And I assume that they usually add an inch or so to your listed height. So I'd say he is fairly small. I think he will be good, I just don't know what he will contribute right away. I see him as a backup and I hope we can still add a top notch PG within the next couple years.

4 hours ago, DunkinDipo said:

I think it is Scout that has him listed at 5'11 and 160 lbs. And I assume that they usually add an inch or so to your listed height. So I'd say he is fairly small. I think he will be good, I just don't know what he will contribute right away. I see him as a backup and I hope we can still add a top notch PG within the next couple years.

Rabjohns said a few weeks ago that Phinisee is a legit 6'1" now. 

Very solid pickup for a class that is about building the base for the future. 

Phinisee isn't a poor man's Yogi. He's an elite floor general. There's a reason CAM made him a priority over Garland and David Duke. Not an elite scorer, but this kid can LEAD! Every analysis I've heard of the kid's game is that he is a coach on the floor and he's really good at seeing the court and controlling the offense. Heard a lot of comparisons to Michael Lewis.

PS first post on the new site. Use to go by Akaramazov. Decided to change to something a little more Hoosier. 

Archived