Phinisee

Fundamentals

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archie is starting to get commitments from players he has personally picked just within a few months on the job. If he can teach his system to these players just as fast as he can entice them with it, we could very well have long term recruiting success for many years to come. 

51 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

LOL...Phinisee offered money to play at IU per poster on the Purdue free board. Other posters..."we really didn't want him that bad/was just a soft offer."  Saturday evening entertainment at it's finest!

GBI? Any screenshots? I'm feeling lazy...

3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

GBI? Any screenshots? I'm feeling lazy...

https://purdue.forums.rivals.com/threads/will-robert-phinisee-be-the-next-to-commit-to-iu.123728/page-5

The announcement is on that page and the whining spills onto page 6 so far...LOL...

My favorite: 

BoilerBulldog said: 
I do demand more than a #122 recruit. That's "not good enough" for me.
So, I assume Cline, Mathias, Thompson, Wheeler, Haarms, Stefanovic, and Taylor are "not good enough" for you, as none of these guys were top 122.

Welcome Robert! 

I think this is a good get. IU starting to become the destination U for in state players. Right Romeo? 

Anyone have a breakdown of his game? 

From what I have found he is more of a pure point than a scoring point. How's his shooting? His defense? His leadership? 

The ITH article did say leadership is the one thing he wants to work on. Don't hear that all too often. 

How much of a role do you believe the fact that Archie and Bruiser were both college PGs played in Roberts decision? 

I think that's a big selling point. 

Just like Georgetown has /had a reputation for developing bigs, I wouldn't mind if IU got a reputation for developing  PGs. 

With Archie, Bruiser and the knowledgeable coaches and players in the state of IN, seems like a no brainer. 

39 minutes ago, Reacher said:

How much of a role do you believe the fact that Archie and Bruiser were both college PGs played in Roberts decision? 

I think that's a big selling point. 

Just like Georgetown has /had a reputation for developing bigs, I wouldn't mind if IU got a reputation for developing  PGs. 

With Archie, Bruiser and the knowledgeable coaches and players in the state of IN, seems like a no brainer. 

In modern basketball that would be a great thing for us if we became an elite PG factory. 

Archived