Phinisee

Fundamentals

3 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Absolutely. The way he is playing as a senior makes me wonder if we will see four years.  I get that he's a little shorter than the prototypical NBA guard, but man, can he score and dish.

Let’s first see how he does in the college game before we worry about how long he will be at IU. Hanner, Blackmon, among others didn’t exactly adapt as well as we thought.😃

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Let’s first see how he does in the college game before we worry about how long he will be at IU. Hanner, Blackmon, among others didn’t exactly adapt as well as we thought.😃

LOL...I get that, but man is he having a nice senior season. I'm surprised he hasn't really moved on in the rankings.

On 2/24/2018 at 6:44 PM, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I thought I'd read somewhere that they do text each other. And didn't they attend an IU game as well?

There was an article with an RP interview video where RP said he texts Romeo sometimes, but didn't want to bother him much about where to commit because he is getting that from everybody.

5 hours ago, cybergates said:

Watched RP's highlights from two sectional games over at ITH. Impressive. Crazy that there are supposedly 122 players better than him in this class. I think when its said and done that will be proven wrong.

Yeah, I'm not buying that either. Maybe he's not a burger boy but I think he's way better than 122.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Yeah, I'm not buying that either. Maybe he's not a burger boy but I think he's way better than 122.

agreed - blows my mind how under ranked he is. Should be at least top 50 nationally given what you can find on the internet these days. Shows how lazy these "professional recruiting" websites are. Dive into any indiana HS basketball site and spend 10 mins consuming RP content. I forgot which one it is but snow or bossi show him love yet hes still buried on their site's rankings.

Phinisee was dominant against Zionsville, and had his way scoring 33 of his team’s 50 points.  McCutcheon had no starter over 6’4.  He was their biggest player and Zionsville has 3 starters in the 6’6 range.  

Further, he is a year older than Isaiah Thompson (Zionsville), the younger brother of current Purdue point guard.  Isaiah has also committed to Purdue.  He will be no match vs Phinisee in college.  

All this to say: I agree, he is way, way underrated by recruiting services.   

I'm with you guys. I just do not understand his ranking at all. This happens to some kids every year though, and I think more often than not it's the smallish, not particularly flashy guard who gets overlooked. Especially when they commit fairly early.

Remember Trey Burke from Michigan. Smallish guard, ranked somewhere around 100. Within two years he's national player of the year and a lottery pick. Not saying Phinisee is going to do THAT, but I do see him making an early impact for us.

On 3/7/2018 at 9:58 PM, Shooter said:

I'm with you guys. I just do not understand his ranking at all. This happens to some kids every year though, and I think more often than not it's the smallish, not particularly flashy guard who gets overlooked. Especially when they commit fairly early.

Remember Trey Burke from Michigan. Smallish guard, ranked somewhere around 100. Within two years he's national player of the year and a lottery pick. Not saying Phinisee is going to do THAT, but I do see him making an early impact for us.

Been going on for years. He's been in the news recently because of his comments but Steve Francis was another one. Went from zero ranking to NBA stardom in 4 years. Very similar to Victor minus the crack dealing. 

Good thing is this. Archie and us as fans know what Phinisee has to offer. We'll be just fine with him at the helm. 

56 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

As others have mentioned - we will see how his college game translates.  However, at this moment - I doubt RP is looking to stay all four years if he does what he needs to do. 

He's still a small guard, not many of them go to the NBA early no matter how good they are. 

• 5 weeks later...

Archived