Dakich - Did anyone comment on this?

Dakich loves to be or not be a certain type of person depending on if it's convenient for him. No matter what, he will always have the moral high ground in his world and the rest of you are just wrong and irrelevant. Nevermind how many times Dan has been wrong on something and either doubles down or just ignores it completely. He likes to be a contrarian on TV and radio because he knows he can't offer anything else.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with others. He's the perfect "pedaling cynicism as wisdom" guy and that if you don't understand why he's saying something he hits the eject button and says I can't help you. When he just sticks to sports and actually explains himself I think he can be pretty good.  I wish I could see some of his recent tweets. Of course he blocked me after pointing out a few things about his stay in Bloomington. Guess my facts didn't fit his anti-Sampson narrative.

13 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Two peas in a pod.  Dan Dakich, and Bobby Knight.  Even Mike Davis has nothing but good to say about IU.  

I agree.  DD is a knowitall antagonist many times on the radio and a bully all of the time in real life.  When DD first started on the radio, I enjoyed his show.  He evolved into a bully over time on the air waves- I guess he thinks it helps his ratings.  Intimidating and trying to fight or humiliate many callers just turned me off to his show.  I honestly have not listened to his show once since bball ended.  I have not missed it.  Kent Sterling on 1430 is much more informed and interested in IU sports, and treats  callins with respect.   

• 1 month later...

Dakich is losing it beyond belief.  When he is getting into twitter scrapes with a bunch of ex IU athletes, some of whom are legends, he is the common denominator.  It is clearly Dakich who is the problem because it keeps happening with different people.  Guyton, Ogunleye, Diamont and on and on.  He got into it with Kevin Wilson.  I think he and Kravy are done.  It's one disturbed thing after another with this guy.  

He's the problem. He's the common link in all of these fights.  He seems unhinged, disturbed and unhealthy.  

1 hour ago, Colonialcrester said:

Dan who?  He banned me years ago for some foggy reason.  Getting into Twitter fights is part of his schtick.  

I slightly knew him in college, was a nice guy, but I think the ESPN gig has changed him.

I think he just realized he could successful with the ESPN First Take approach and went in all in on it. 

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

I knew Dan when he was in high school.  Andrean.... or Gary Andrean as  it was known back then. One of my uncle's was Dan's God father.  I don't think my uncle would be proud of Dan today.

Gary Andrean?  It is just Andrean and it is located in Merrillville.  And it is a Catholic school.

Archived