Blue Ribbon Magazine Has IU ranked # 18 In THE NATION !!

LMAO at Lindy's !!!  I think Blue Ribbon Basketball Magazines researchers must have done a much more complete study of what IU has coming back plus the players they have added for 2017-2018 ( including Colin Hartmann ) !! Here is something that is hard to UNDERSTAND ? Lindy's say that incoming IU Freshman , Justin Smith , might be the BEST FRESHMAN in the B10 this season !! YET -they pick IU to finish 12th. in the Big Ten Conference ???????????????????????????????????????????????

Seems like Blue Ribbon Basketball magazine has a history of giving love for the Big Ten. The creator, Chris Dortch, is from Illinois and grew up watching Big Ten basketball. In 2016, he had Nigel Hayes, Melo Trimble, and Thomas Bryant as pre-season first team All-Americans, with Nigel national POY. Going back to 2014 (at least), he's had 5 Big Ten teams in his pre-season top 25 every year. Just things I learned as I researched what this source was exactly. It's nice he included us as a dark horse Big Ten team in the top 25, but I'd take it with a grain a salt. 

MILE :: Thanks for such a wonderful gift !!!!!!!!!!!!

I think they see what I see !! That is 8 of top 11 scorers coming back PLUS a Fifth Year Senior [Colin Hartmann] and 3 pretty darn good recruits coming in to the roster for 2017-2018 , including one player thought to be the best incoming freshman (6'7" Justin Smith) according to one magazine , anyway ! As I have pointed out many times in the past , experience is the best teacher of all !! AND -IU DOES have a LOT of returning experience for 2017-2018 !!

I have put in an order for Blue Ribbon !\ It will be mailed out on October 15 ,2017 ! Here is their mailing address & Phone # :::::: Blue Ribbon Sports Media Group ,P.O. Box 22 , Ooltewah , Tennessee 37363-0022 !! Phone # is :; 1-877-807-4857 !! You can order with a valid credit card over the phone or do as I am doing( Sending a Money Order for $31.35 to cover shipping & Magazine cost of 23.95. They have 3 different styles to  choose from at their official web site !! I chose the cheapest one ( OF COURSE ) VBG !!

I do not know for sure !1 However IU has these players back with  returning minutes per game"

Johnson 29.4 mpg ,Newkirk 28.1 mpg , Morgan ,22.6 mpg ,Davis 13.9 mpg , Green 15.2 mpg , Jones 11.2 mpg , McSwain 8.1 mpg , McRoberts 11.3 mpg , and Hartman 21.9 mpg in 2015-2016 !

That is a LOT of experience coming back and is not stupid to expect many [if not all ] of the returning players to add to their minutes and performance based on their collective playing experience for IU ! And when you add 3 pretty well thought of Recruits , including a 6'7" Forward , Justin Smith who was rated as the best incoming Freshman in the B10 by one source  , I think that is a solid REASON for high hopes !! Go Hoosiers !!

Our team ranked on #18 is a bad setup for the first year coach especially when it's very hard to expect anything solid from this team. Major pieces of the last year's team were all gone, and all we have is a bunch of role players without any instant impact player coming in (well...if there was any 5-star coming in, Crean would still be here). We do have some experiences though, but don't have a single game changer who can take over certain stretches of games. I'm confident to say CAM would do a better job than CTC with this same team. But if this team misses the tourney, it could be seen as a failure to some people. As a fan, I feel good to see our team is ranked, but at the same time, I'm a bit cautious, 

2 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

For those not clicking on the link, IU is not ranked.

That would be my expectation.  18th based on what we know now would be laughable.  Could IU get there by the end of the season? Absolutely, but that's not my expectation at the moment.  If I were guessing today, I'd say top 50 and a fringe tournament team with 20-21 wins, but I can't think of many teams where there are more unknowns than with my beloved Hoosiers.

Archived