Are you banned from Dan Dakich's twitter account?

Are you banned from Dan Dakich's twitter account?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Are you banned from Dan Dakich's twitter account?

• Yes
    • No

Yes, blocked. He tweeted about how everyone should be listening to his show because of his expert guests. Then he mentioned how his horse racing expert guest correctly picked one of the triple crown race winners (can't remember which one). I mocked him saying that the guy must be Nostradamus for predicting that the favorite would win the race, which is what happened. He didn't respond, just blocked me.

I have not been banned personally from his twitter account.  As I would never follow that idiot.

He once called me an idiot on John Decker's Hoosier  Nation.  I have never forgotten that.  And that was when I was praising him.

Edit to add :  Since he once called me an idiot, I feel that allows me to call him one as well.  Not breaking our rules.  IMHO

14 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I have not been banned personally from his twitter account.  As I would never follow that idiot.

He once called me an idiot on John Decker's Hoosier  Nation.  I have never forgotten that.  And that was when I was praising him.

Edit to add :  Since he once called me an idiot, I feel that allows me to call him one as well.  Not breaking our rules.  IMHO

It is all good.  He is an idiot.  Can't take a difference of opinion at all.  

33 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Stating facts is not rule breaking, you may call DD an idiot anytime you like.

Just found this board, so thought I would join in.

Dakich blocked me on Twitter in March during the coaching search. I made some unfavorable or snarky comments in my coaching wish list. As well as comments when he was going on and on about how Alford should be the coach.  At least that's what I think got me blocked. In my defense, I didn't tag his twitter handle. So I guess someone either mentioned the tweets to him or he searches his name on twitter. Long story short I didn't even realize that I had been blocked until realizing that I hadn't seen tweets from him in a while. To tell you the truth, I don't miss him or his commentary on my timeline. He wasn't the first person to block me and I doubt he will be the last. 

32 minutes ago, IUredhead said:

Dakich blocked me on Twitter in March during the coaching search. I made some unfavorable or snarky comments in my coaching wish list. As well as comments when he was going on and on about how Alford should be the coach.  At least that's what I think got me blocked. In my defense, I didn't tag his twitter handle. So I guess someone either mentioned the tweets to him or he searches his name on twitter. Long story short I didn't even realize that I had been blocked until realizing that I hadn't seen tweets from him in a while. To tell you the truth, I don't miss him or his commentary on my timeline. He wasn't the first person to block me and I doubt he will be the last. 

He definitely searches for his own name.

1 hour ago, IUredhead said:

Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation !  Thanks for joining in.... looking forward to seeing more from you in the future.

Honestly, I really enjoy Dan on his radio show. I don't listen often, and I probably wouldn't listen every day even if I could, but I usually enjoy catching it when I can. I'm not a fan of hearing him call a game though. He has a lot of very good things to say during a game, but he spends most of his time trying to be the coolest guy in the room and it just gets annoying. Maybe that's why I don't mind following him on twitter. It's easier to ignore the stupid stuff on there. 

Was banned when I tried to explain my side of what I saw when I was at Coaches vs Cancer fundraiser in Oct of 2007. We went that morning and Dakich had been Director of Operations or some BS title like that.

Anyway...the whole gang is there. Kelvin, Senderhoff (at our table), Meyer and I don't remember seeing McCallum. Anyway Dakich banned me because all I said was you can try to distance yourself as much as you want but don't tell me you didn't know what was going on for the sake of getting paid. I said I saw you on the day the news broke (coincidentally about 6 hours later) and you seemed all chummy with all mentioned coaches.

Ever since he's had a radio show (Colts trying to get him booted now) he's always portrayed things that he had no clue what was going on. I called him out on that and blocked. To this day he's the only person to ever block me. Sensitive guy.

Problem with Dakich is that I genuinely like his content. He's been in the locker room as coach/player at a big time program. Knows/understands plenty of people in all sports. If he could figure out a way to just channel that he's a good listen. Unfortunately...his bravado (which I find a bit weak....smart/tough guys don't have to constantly say they are) has him in a corner. Now he can't go back to just delivering good content. 

I do applaud him for this though. He's had a good run. Hope he saved his $.

Archived