Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

4 hours ago, 3Ballin said:

I still think it is criminal that this kid won't be playing at IU. 😞😞

Can't make a kid go to your school and he might want to go somewhere to make his own mark.  Also he probably saw how hard it was for his family to travel back and forth from Alabama for IU games.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Can't make a kid go to your school and he might want to go somewhere to make his own mark.  Also he probably saw how hard it was for his family to travel back and forth from Alabama for IU games.

I get it, and by no means hold anything against CAM or Trendon...but damn, its just a hard pill to swallow.

34 minutes ago, INDenizen said:

A harder pill to swallow is when we found out that Crean wasn't giving him much attention if at all in recruiting. That was mind-boggling. Him selecting another school I can understand...creating his own path and not following big brother,  plus distance from home, etc. 

1,000,000% agree!  I didn't want to throw anyone under the bus over anything, but since you mentioned it; the fact that Trendon hadnt even gotten so much as a phone call from Crean should have been enough to get him fired.

36 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

1,000,000% agree!  I didn't want to throw anyone under the bus over anything, but since you mentioned it; the fact that Trendon hadnt even gotten so much as a phone call from Crean should have been enough to get him fired.

Didn't Crean want to get into the mix after he was hired by UGA? That was a PR move.

33 minutes ago, Indykev said:

This was liked by Indiana Basketball. If we are done with him, why like the tweet.?

Because we recruited him and his brother hit the biggest shot in the last 30 years for us. Also you never know how things work down the road..grad transfer someday?! Keep options open.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Because we recruited him and his brother hit the biggest shot in the last 30 years for us. Also you never know how things work down the road..grad transfer someday?! Keep options open.

Not buying what your selling. McDonlds AA don't become grad transfers.

53 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Not buying what your selling. McDonlds AA don't become grad transfers.

No but you always leave the door open. Kid is very unlikely to come here but a simple congrats from IU to a former stars brother who is basically a friend of the IU family doesn’t mean that much to me. If he makes an official visit...I’ll perk up.

“First time, long time....”

@CoachSS I LOVE reading your commentary on various recruits. Thanks for all you do! Your insight is valued and appreciated. In your opinion though, why do you think that IU stopped recruiting Watford a long time ago, as you have said? 

I have a feeling Brooks has already “committed” to IU, but just wants to announce on his own terms. 

IU walking away from Watford puzzles me though. He’s still publicly expressing interest, even if we haven’t been a frontrunner. Given his talent and potential.... if he were to commit to us, I’d imagine IU would find a way to make room for him. 

Why do you think IU is walking away then? Verbal promises to Brooks? Actively choosing to not spend time with a recruit they don’t think they’ll get? Something about him rub the coaching staff the wrong way? Something else?

3 hours ago, SeeYa@roys said:

“First time, long time....”

@CoachSS I LOVE reading your commentary on various recruits. Thanks for all you do! Your insight is valued and appreciated. In your opinion though, why do you think that IU stopped recruiting Watford a long time ago, as you have said? 

I have a feeling Brooks has already “committed” to IU, but just wants to announce on his own terms. 

IU walking away from Watford puzzles me though. He’s still publicly expressing interest, even if we haven’t been a frontrunner. Given his talent and potential.... if he were to commit to us, I’d imagine IU would find a way to make room for him. 

Why do you think IU is walking away then? Verbal promises to Brooks? Actively choosing to not spend time with a recruit they don’t think they’ll get? Something about him rub the coaching staff the wrong way? Something else?

Good questions...it seems like to me about the time you think it's over,time to move on...He pops back up on the radar.

14 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

It used to be IU and Watford ended along time ago,here is to hoping thats not the case now.

That would be a nice surprise.  I just cant imagine us still even in the discussion if there is no hope. At this point both sides could walk away and I don't think there be hard feelings as to how we treated him as a legacy or to him keeping us in consideration just because of  CWAT

Archived