Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

33 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

That’s as I understand it as well. 

Avery Johnson isn’t better with guards, Penny Hardaway has never coached before, the Will Wade era is still very young and new. 

Who does the staff feel will be the "post man" next year? I'm assuming Deron will remain a backup option. Is TJD going to be the starter there? I feel like we will still be undersized in the post next year when going up against teams with players like Fernando, Ward, Wesson, Trevion Williams.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Who does the staff feel will be the "post man" next year? I'm assuming Deron will remain a backup option. Is TJD going to be the starter there? I feel like we will still be undersized in the post next year when going up against teams with players like Fernando, Ward, Wesson, Trevion Williams.

It depends on how big TJD really is because this is what he is listed at.

247: 6’8 210

Rivals: 6’9 210

ESPN: 6’9 231

Center Grove: 6’10 235

56 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

It depends on how big TJD really is because this is what he is listed at.

247: 6’8 210

Rivals: 6’9 210

ESPN: 6’9 231

Center Grove: 6’10 235

If you average them out he’s 6’9”.  One thing that I’ve pondered is whether he can grow another inch or two before he gets here.  Him coming in at 6’10” or 6’11” would be huge.

You have to like the fact that TW still plans on attending his OV. You can call it a favor if you’d like, but I seriously doubt that the Watford’s would want to appease the fan base and/or that IU would want to throw money away on a kid that isn’t truly interested in going there. I’m intrigued. I think we have some ground to make up, but I could see something materializing. 🤔

55 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

You have to like the fact that TW still plans on attending his OV. You can call it a favor if you’d like, but I seriously doubt that the Watford’s would want to appease the fan base and/or that IU would want to throw money away on a kid that isn’t truly interested in going there. I’m intrigued. I think we have some ground to make up, but I could see something materializing. 🤔

Exactly.  There is still some interest.

On 1/25/2019 at 10:06 AM, CoachSS said:

It would be news to me. IU isn't recruiting Matthew Hurt and Isaiah Stewart is long gone. 

Everyone else is pretty much accounted for. I'd say message board urban legend sounds accurate enough. 

Have you heard anything else about...well anything having to do with...anything at all in regards to IU basketball? 😂 

8 hours ago, DC2345 said:

I figured he was close to that. I know most schools will exaggerate heights by an inch or so on their rosters. 

HA!  My sophomore year in high school, our football team got weighed and measured if full pads and cleats.  I went from 5'8" as a freshman to 6'2" as a soph back down to 6' as a junior.  Lol

11 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

HA!  My sophomore year in high school, our football team got weighed and measured if full pads and cleats.  I went from 5'8" as a freshman to 6'2" as a soph back down to 6' as a junior.  Lol

Similar story.  I so badly wanted to be 6 foot tall so my freshmen year coach listed me at 6 1. I got my first dunk in a game and he said let's put it back down to 5 10 looks more impressive when a 5 10 kid dunks.  

Archived