Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, 3Ballin said:

HA!  My sophomore year in high school, our football team got weighed and measured if full pads and cleats.  I went from 5'8" as a freshman to 6'2" as a soph back down to 6' as a junior.  Lol

I remember getting weighed on a broken livestock scale in full gear I believe.  Always had the heaviest lineman. 

16 hours ago, iuthruandthru said:

It’s seems clear unless Trendon changes his mind he isn’t coming to IU, but man I want him at IU.

I'm surprised by all the pessimism here. The story told earlier is that Archie told Watford that he would recruit him if he wanted to be recruited. Subsequently, Archie spent two days with him in Alabama and, last I heard, Watford is visiting IU as soon as his season ends. What more could we hope for? Why would he come if he wasn't genuinely interested? He's seen the campus, he knows the facilities. Why waste his own time, Archie's time and what ever money pays for the trip if he's not interested?

1 hour ago, HoosierDom said:

I'm surprised by all the pessimism here. The story told earlier is that Archie told Watford that he would recruit him if he wanted to be recruited. Subsequently, Archie spent two days with him in Alabama and, last I heard, Watford is visiting IU as soon as his season ends. What more could we hope for? Why would he come if he wasn't genuinely interested? He's seen the campus, he knows the facilities. Why waste his own time, Archie's time and what ever money pays for the trip if he's not interested?

Great questions,  we are far beyond just out of common courtesy. 

14 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Great questions,  we are far beyond just out of common courtesy. 

I'll reiterate what I said last summer about him being Bama bound but the longer this goes on AND if he makes his trip....call me very curious. He doesn't need a history lesson on IU he spent 4 years here already. I'm curious though if maybe Christian is whispering in his ear about if you do lead the resurgence along with TJD, KB Jr, etc.....you'll never ever be forgotten. At Bama they won't care because it's football and football only. 

I still say extreme long shot but if a visit happens I'll move forward in the seat just a little. 

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll reiterate what I said last summer about him being Bama bound but the longer this goes on AND if he makes his trip....call me very curious. He doesn't need a history lesson on IU he spent 4 years here already. I'm curious though if maybe Christian is whispering in his ear about if you do lead the resurgence along with TJD, KB Jr, etc.....you'll never ever be forgotten. At Bama they won't care because it's football and football only. 

I still say extreme long shot but if a visit happens I'll move forward in the seat just a little. 

I like the sounds of that.there is no need to string us along. If he makes a visit I feel we are in the drivers seat. A very big if but I am optimistic 

2 hours ago, HoosierDom said:

Let’s see if he makes the visit then I will definitely get more positive on this.  😁

1 minute ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Let's go easy on making accusations that the family of one of our prized alums is taking illicit benefits, shall we?

Not wrong but I just question anything that goes on in the SEC. Doesn’t mean the Watfords are doing anything against the rules but it does feel like LSU is with other players they’ve recruited and landed recently. 

25 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Let's go easy on making accusations that the family of one of our prized alums is taking illicit benefits, shall we?

There's a lot of smoke and they were named in the FBI probe.  I really don't think the Watfords would go down that path.  I just hope that they think that school choice through.   Any recruit has got to be leery of schools and coaches on the NCAA radar.

Go Hoosiers!!!

1 hour ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

I said this on another board and basically was made a fool. Glad someone else agrees. 

Pretty sure Watford's dad is a cop. 

Archived