Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Just heard from a source UK may come to see Trendon Saturday after their game at Tennessee. If they offer...

That would make sense. The idiots over on Rupp Rafters are bashing IU, Memphis, other schools recruiting him and Watford right now. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

I told my source to have Christian knock some sense into him. Big brother still has some major pull.

I have to say as an older brother that has seen his two younger brothers that have been recruited to play a college sport albeit not D1. I know it was hard for me not to put my two cents in. So I can’t imagine that Christian wouldn’t in a recruitment of this magnitude.

8 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Turn the frown upside down.  I tmi k that tends to mean another big fish remains on the line, one we thought momentarily got away.  

yes that Big Fish is the biggest story told. That fish is Moby Dick by now.

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Did he not have to sit out his freshman year or was here after they got rid of where freshman had to sit out.  If he had to set out a year then technically he wasn't a one and done.

Back then we had a freshman team and a varsity team, freshmen could not play on the varsity.  Both George and Downing were academically ineligible to play as freshman.  Both of them played on an intramural team together.  It was the best team on campus, better than either the freshman team or the varsity.

7 hours ago, IUB74 said:

Back then we had a freshman team and a varsity team, freshmen could not play on the varsity.  Both George and Downing were academically ineligible to play as freshman.  Both of them played on an intramural team together.  It was the best team on campus, better than either the freshman team or the varsity.

Yeah...I remember that.  Louis Day, a freshman football recruit, also played on their team.  That Indy Washington team they played on was pretty talented.

Will Wade was definitely there, and sat in a VIP box area along the baseline closest to Mountain Brook's bench. They were positioned BEHIND Duke's box. Alabama was next to Duke, closest to Mountain Brook. (Home state advantage;).  Memphis was on the opposite baseline, diagonally from Mountain Brook.   Literally as far away from their bench as possible. Penny mostly walked around shaking hands.

I haven't seen the picture described,  but Wade wasn't in a position where Trendon would've naturally walked by. Avery Johnson definitely was. Wish I would've taken a picture to illustrate what I was confusingly trying to describe above.

If I see Cal tomorrow, I might have to grab a mascot costume and squeeze off a couple rounds from the t shirt cannon into his breadbasket.  Sportcenter highlight!

10 hours ago, HSRecruitingNews said:

Apparently a picture just surfaced of Will Wade with Trendon before his final 4 game, which is an NCAA violation.  FBI is extremely interested. 

The ironic thing about this post is that the FBI has no reason to be interested in this type of recruiting violation, but might still be more interested than the group that should care (NCAA).

11 hours ago, HSRecruitingNews said:

Apparently a picture just surfaced of Will Wade with Trendon before his final 4 game, which is an NCAA violation.  FBI is extremely interested. 

This post appeared on a site called SECRant. Posted by an Alabama fan. No sure what I'm seeing here.

LSU HC Will Wade and assistant coach Bill Armstrong eating lunch with Trendon Watford’s parents today (2/28) in Birmingham (Watford had a game today):

D0iS1LaWsAESfL0.jpg

This would appear to be an NCAA violation. See the additional restriction for basketball

es0sjl.png

Maybe, but the story here in my eyes is four schools in to see him and no Indiana. Missed two rumored visits to us lately. Any IU fan would like to see trendon Watford at IU. The reality seems we are not in the picture besides wishful thinking.

6 minutes ago, Cutter said:

Maybe, but the story here in my eyes is four schools in to see him and no Indiana. Missed two rumored visits to us lately. Any IU fan would like to see trendon Watford at IU. The reality seems we are not in the picture besides wishful thinking.

Not seems, the reality IS that he isnt coming here.

Archived