Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

3 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

IMO, JS and TW are both 3.5 (tweener) with TW having better skill sets. If they play 4 in a small ball lineup, I think TW starts over JS. But I can't rule out the possibility of both playing at the same time since TW has better ball handling and playmaking ability, so JS at 4 and TW at 3 is possible. I see Hunter as a wild card. He was a solid high 4-star at high school level, but his development and game-time experience was significantly delayed due to his health issue. I know some of us here have very high expectation on him, but at this point, I'd expect him coming out the bench to play backup at 3 spot. 

so... who starts over Hunter at the 3? It won't be Smith. 

The difference between Watford and Smith is... Watford is 6'9, so you call it a 3/4 tweener. We call it a stretch 4 (which he absolutely is).... he and TJD would be an incredible tandem. Watford, TJD, Hunter, Phinisee, and Durham is very nice starting lineup. sigh. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

so... who starts over Hunter at the 3? It won't be Smith. 

The difference between Watford and Smith is... Watford is 6'9, so you call it a 3/4 tweener. We call it a stretch 4 (which he absolutely is).... he and TJD would be an incredible tandem. Watford, TJD, Hunter, Phinisee, and Durham is very nice starting lineup. sigh. 

Good question. Looking at our roster, if we don't bring in another tall guard or a quality wing, I think Hunter would have to start. If we go small again and use 3-guard line up (Durham-Green-Phinisee), then I guess Hunter would back up Durham. And of course, I'm expecting Romeo to go pro. 

10 hours ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I still have to believe the biggest mistake in the Miller tenure was pursuing the decommitted Crean recruit(s) while NOT going after the decommitted Dayton recruit (that Archie himself successfully recruited) who ended up at Colorado.  Whether it was because of demands from the AD or whatever reason, we would have better off with that kid (McKinley Wright), assuming he would have come here.

I really had hoped that as well as Phinisee has played this year, he would've silenced those pining for Wright.  Phinisee is going to be a sharp stick in the eye of every Boilermaker for the next three years.  I'll take that over Wright every time.

11 hours ago, Muddy River said:

I really had hoped that as well as Phinisee has played this year, he would've silenced those pining for Wright.  Phinisee is going to be a sharp stick in the eye of every Boilermaker for the next three years.  I'll take that over Wright every time.

Yes, he has and I believe he will only get better.  I'd much rather have had a guy that would have been a contributor than one that can't even get off the bench and while beating the fools up north is great, it's not the barometer I use for success.  Unless we know that RP wouldn't have come, I'll opt for the better player more often than not.

5 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

So Alabama may be firing their coach. LSU probably fires Wade. Watford could have fell in our lap if Memphis didn’t work out. Sad.

Saw where Mike Miller could leave for UNLV.  If I remember correctly, I thought Trendon was high on Memphis, especially because of Mike Miller?

35 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Saw where Mike Miller could leave for UNLV.  If I remember correctly, I thought Trendon was high on Memphis, especially because of Mike Miller?

He's always wanted to be somewhat close to home.  Not sure if Miller is enough enticement to get him across the country. 

38 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

He's always wanted to be somewhat close to home.  Not sure if Miller is enough enticement to get him across the country. 

I think he meant that as a case for not going to Memphis.   Miller not there could hurt their chances.

Go Hoosiers!!!

44 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

I think he meant that as a case for not going to Memphis.   Miller not there could hurt their chances.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Bingo, from what I have read a lot of recruits like Memphis but really like Mike Miller ALOT more so than Penny.  If Miller bolts for say UNLV, that helps IU with Trendon.  Especially with Alabama possibly firing their coach not to mention them losing in the 1st rd of NIT to an 8 seed plus LSU in trouble.  At least IU won their first game in the NIT and aren't firing their head coach. 

Archived