Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Hoosierinbham said:

In fairness,  his competition isn't the same as playing in the Indy area. But that just supports how he could've scored much more if he really focused only on his stats.

Trendon also played varsity starting in 8th grade. 

10 hours ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/Article/Hoosier-Hysterics-Podcast-Christian-Watford-130796593/

From 1:40:00 to the end. Hear is what Christian has to say about Trendon’s recruiting. Very interesting and has given me a lot of optimism now about the possibility of him coming to Indiana. 

We all have our own takes but I didn't feel that way after listening. Cwat didnt sound to positive on his own, only when he was kind of forced to by the 2 asking the questions.

I don’t believe he’s coming to Indiana after hearing that interview. It was a very good listen catching up on old times, but imo Trendon is probably going to Memphis or Duke. My guess is he wants his own path, not his brothers. Seems we went hard for Brooks and that was our main focus. Trendon is deciding soon which also makes it feel he’s leaning elsewhere. Christian said Trendon is going to the best place to get him to the NBA. That’s all I needed to hear. He did say playing time will be a factor, which sounds good, but he will play big minutes anywhere he goes. I don’t think Romeo’s season and all the negativity he received from fans helps either. Also most recruits want to dance in March. We didn’t prove that this year. I believe if he comes, and Hunter is healthy, we make the tournament easily. Without him, it’s up in the air.

17 hours ago, Indykev said:

My take on the CWat peegs interview. Trendon wants his own team, doesnt want to play with Romeo. To the point CWat ask them if Romeo was going pro. Talks have renewed with IU. If he wants to be the man, Duke and Memphis arent for him. IU and Alabama would be his best bets.

Indeed....definitely not the man at Duke....even Memphis has Wiseman and a couple other high recruits. Trendon could definitely be the man here if he choose to stay for a few years....but could he ever overcome his own brothers shadow here??

1 hour ago, Bowhunter said:

I don’t believe he’s coming to Indiana after hearing that interview. It was a very good listen catching up on old times, but imo Trendon is probably going to Memphis or Duke. My guess is he wants his own path, not his brothers. Seems we went hard for Brooks and that was our main focus. Trendon is deciding soon which also makes it feel he’s leaning elsewhere. Christian said Trendon is going to the best place to get him to the NBA. That’s all I needed to hear. He did say playing time will be a factor, which sounds good, but he will play big minutes anywhere he goes. I don’t think Romeo’s season and all the negativity he received from fans helps either. Also most recruits want to dance in March. We didn’t prove that this year. I believe if he comes, and Hunter is healthy, we make the tournament easily. Without him, it’s up in the air.

I don't buy the narrative that IU fans are too hard on the players...or Romeo....have you ever listened to UK fans....I mean talk about eating their own...they say way way worse stuff and there are way more of them.

15 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I don't buy the narrative that IU fans are too hard on the players...or Romeo....have you ever listened to UK fans....I mean talk about eating their own...they say way way worse stuff and there are way more of them.

I don’t disagree with you.  The difference is one program is winning and that toxic minority is laying dormant right now.  These kids and parents are going by what they hear today and it is undoubtedly having an effect.

2 minutes ago, CrimsonV said:

I don’t disagree with you.  The difference is one program is winning and that toxic minority is laying dormant right now.  These kids and parents are going by what they hear today and it is undoubtedly having an effect.

Uhhh I live here...they are not dormant nor are they ever. You should see what they talk about if a kid has just a bad game. They crucify them daily. Read up on what they say about Hagans after the Auburn game. Herro got it all season. They aren't a minority and they are very vocal. Now I could care less about what people say on the internet...but these social butterfly kids do. Trust me...that fan base is the worst.

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I will say I think a lot of IU fans were out of line this year. Feel free to voice your opinion about the team playing bad basketball or with not enough passion, but I saw way too many fans calling individual players out publicly/ on social media. That being said, had any of these blue blood programs lost 12 straight games, not made the tournament for the last two years, had those 2 years a combined record barely above  .500, there's zero shot that it wouldn't have become a very toxic situation. 

IU fan base is so different because its long time, loyal fans who have stuck around through so many ups and downs. It's justifiable to be so frustrated given the history of IU basketball and watching us be the only blue blood program that couldn't get it together after this many years. There are so many U.K. Fans that are like the Drakes of the world- finding a lame excuse to be a fan of a program that year in and year out competes for a national championships because that's what's easy. 

47 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Uhhh I live here...they are not dormant nor are they ever. You should see what they talk about if a kid has just a bad game. They crucify them daily. Read up on what they say about Hagans after the Auburn game. Herro got it all season. They aren't a minority and they are very vocal. Now I could care less about what people say on the internet...but these social butterfly kids do. Trust me...that fan base is the worst.

A certain prospect from Fort Wayne had a parent call out one of the two fan bases on social media.  I’m not saying it was the sole reason behind the choice, but i would venture to guess it was a contributing factor.

35 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Indeed....definitely not the man at Duke....even Memphis has Wiseman and a couple other high recruits. Trendon could definitely be the man here if he choose to stay for a few years....but could he ever overcome his own brothers shadow here??

Depends on how you define the shadow. Certainly very possible to have a better career/overall impact to the program than CWat, but nearly impossible to have a more iconic moment that will be remembered by Hoosier fans until their dying breath.

14 minutes ago, CrimsonV said:

A certain prospect from Fort Wayne had a parent call out one of the two fan bases on social media.  I’m not saying it was the sole reason behind the choice but it was a contributing factor.

I don’t make it a habit of going to Rupp rafters because it’s filth but since I live down here I do like to know what others are saying so I can have a convo with people and trust me....IU is the kiddie pool when it comes to toxic social media. I mean same fan base that sent death threats to an official and tried to close down his business. I hear how they all talk after a game...if even 1/4 get on social media it would put to shame anything said about our guys. I don’t condone any of it...I assume Keions mom followed IU more closely but if she followed UK...omg she couldn’t ignore its worse exponentially.

41 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I’m not blaming the fans. I mentioned negatively from fans when I really mean media in general. Lots of sports writers and fans collectively have been voicing their opion on how Archie used Romeo. Articles have been published etc.  if Romeo comes in and has a great year and we are winning, it definitely looks better to recruits then the opposite. I don’t think Cwat jr was coming either way.

My take is this; we have a great shot at landing Trendon. I don’t believe Bama, LSU or Duke will get him... Duke is just too late I believe and a coaching change at Bama probably sealed their fate. LSU won’t get him for obvious reasons. I believe that it’s down to Memphis and Indiana. We have plenty of playing time at his position... especially if the Smith transfer rumors come to fruition. 

4 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

My take is this; we have a great shot at landing Trendon. I don’t believe Bama, LSU or Duke will get him... Duke is just too late I believe and a coaching change at Bama probably sealed their fate. LSU won’t get him for obvious reasons. I believe that it’s down to Memphis and Indiana. We have plenty of playing time at his position... especially if the Smith transfer rumors come to fruition. 

You're aware that Forrester announced that he's transferring.  But I just don't think Watford is coming.

3 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

What rumors? Or is this just "he's the most likely" type of scenario? 

16 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

What rumors? Or is this just "he's the most likely" type of scenario? 

I haven't heard a thing about Smith transferring.  He got mostly starter minutes as a sophomore so a transfer would seem a bit surprising.

I haven’t seen much here about Smith... that came from other boards, Twitter etc. 

I am aware of Forrester transferring... I’m pretty sure that everyone is by now. IU makes sense for Trendon. Maybe I’m wrong, but it’s just a feeling. We shall see on the 19th. 

Archived