Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, HoosierCPA said:

Per the other board, an in-home visit is being discussed and likely to happen this weekend.  Christian will try to be in attendance for the in-home as well.

If he's willing to do an in-home I like our chances. Not saying we get him. But better than previously thought.

44 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

"Christian will try to be in attendance for the in-home as well." 

As supposed to Archie just taking a dump in the Watford's can? Like I would hope he was there otherwise what's the point? 

I don't think we're going to be able to land Christian. It's Trendon that we're trying to get.

Probably soon after Trendon makea a decision the recruiting pieces will start falling.  Seems like the staff is waiting on his decision.

Or at least that is my feeling without much movement or news.  Its odd to not have recruiting news with IU.  Then again it has been like this under Archie, quiet and not alot of leaked info.  

12 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Probably soon after Trendon makea a decision the recruiting pieces will start falling.  Seems like the staff is waiting on his decision.

Or at least that is my feeling without much movement or news.  Its odd to not have recruiting news with IU.  Then again it has been like this under Archie, quiet and not alot of leaked info.  

Without much movement might be a bad choice of words, though. 😅

22 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

"Christian will try to be in attendance for the in-home as well." 

As supposed to Archie just taking a dump in the Watford's can? Like I would hope he was there otherwise what's the point? 

I hope that a bathroom stop is mandatory prior to arriving at a recruit's home.  Nothing worse than coach needing to excuse himself to go release some shock and awe, followed by "Hey, ya'll have a plunger?"

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

So are we still looking at next weekend for him to make his decision? Also, was there a date associated with his in home visit? This kid is by far the most talented of anyone left we are on the trail of...be nice to know one way or another.

April 20th he's announcing 

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

So are we still looking at next weekend for him to make his decision? Also, was there a date associated with his in home visit? This kid is by far the most talented of anyone left we are on the trail of...be nice to know one way or another.

I haven't seen any confirmation of an in-home visit.

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

It is happening according to Rabby.

I’ve always thought Trendon would be a better fit for this team than Brooks. Hunter and Brooks game overlap too much...I’ve always felt Watford and Hunters game would compliment each other and Trendon could play a stretch 4 and that would allow Trendon to slide to the the 3 when Hunter sits and Smith and Race play the 4. I know it won’t happen but dang a guy can dream. Having Rob, Jerome, Trendon and Trayce as building blocks over the next couple years would allow us to be a tournament team and build a foundation to bring in and let guys grow until juniors and seniors before they would then in return be asked to carry the load for this team. Long shot but hey...so was his brothers shot!

Pretty surprised by us getting an in home. Maybe just the family wanting to let our staff know in person what direction he's headed. Hopefully some of these kids start announcing soon. We have immediate playing time and open scholarships and we can't seem to get anyone to say yes to us.

24 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Pretty surprised by us getting an in home. Maybe just the family wanting to let our staff know in person what direction he's headed. Hopefully some of these kids start announcing soon. We have immediate playing time and open scholarships and we can't seem to get anyone to say yes to us.

Archie has a family and is recruiting other people, I think the Watfords have enough respect for IU that they would not waste Miller's time having him come talk to Trendon if Indiana was still not a possibility.  They would just let him know over the phone if we were out of it.

Archived