Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

That  with LSU reinstating Wade that is making him have second thoughts.

That would be more along the lines of what I've heard previously.  It seemed like Memphis lead after the LSU situation with Wade. Then Bama gets a new coach, and the Watfords want to do their due diligence. Memphis still in the lead, but now you have to "investigate" Wade's overall situation again. 

I generally hear little from the IU side, other than Trendon loves the school and program, but wants to do his own thing. Maybe CAM's visit changed things, but I'd be pleasantly surprised. I'll see what I can find out later this week.

6 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Looks like Trendon will he taking a visit to IU. Evidently in a interview with Christian on Peegs. Christian could be there too. 

Wow!! That’s big news. This recruitment rises from the ashes like a phoenix! I will say this...he wanted to be the man...there has never been a time at Indiana where we both needed and have an opening for a leader/alpha more than now.

4 hours ago, Feathery said:

Looks like Trendon will be taking a visit to IU. Evidently in a interview with Christian on Peegs. Christian could be there too. 

Wonder if this is the reason, TW ( get it, TW. After what happened this past weekend, as ZD posted above) decided to delay his April 20 announcement.  All along I have been thinking that TW was afraid of filling the giant shoes and legacy his brother left at IU.  NOW.   I am thinking that CW is working on TW to fill those shoes and legacy.

Hey....Feathery.  Thanks for sharing. 

Without hope.  What have we have left ?

I was told during the season 5hat if TW made it to campus he was ours. The reasoning was the game atmosphere, emotional connection etc...  not sure that a visit now has the same meaning but I like the chances much more now than 1 week ago. As most know the Watford family is not one to string us along and if we were not a serious contender he would not be making a visit. CAM pulled a little magic out of his hat apparently.  Now close the deal

It's obviously a very good sign that he is taking a visit at all (reportedly).  However, if he decides to take his visit at the same as time as Lester (April 24-26), I would become very optimistic about our chances to land both.  

These two have discussed playing together in the past.  I think everyone just assumed that would be somewhere other than Indiana. I think I remember a tweet in mid February where Lester mentioned "they have been talking a lot about it lately" or something close to that narrative. 

6 minutes ago, A-hOhL said:

It's obviously a very good sign that he is taking a visit at all (reportedly).  However, if he decides to take his visit at the same as time as Lester (April 24-26), I would become very optimistic about our chances to land both.  

These two have discussed playing together in the past.  I think everyone just assumed that would be somewhere other than Indiana. I think I remember a tweet in mid February where Lester mentioned "they have been talking a lot about it lately" or something close to that narrative. 

I like the thought of this.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

7 minutes ago, A-hOhL said:

This is where I'm at. If the visit happens and the visit happens with Lester I'll move up in the chair a bit so to speak. Otherwise I'm just not seeing it. Forging own path has been one constant on TW's mind, articles read....can't imagine that all changing at the 1 yard line. I will say this. If LSU lands him. I'm going to be tad disappointed in the whole crew.

31 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

This is where I'm at. If the visit happens and the visit happens with Lester I'll move up in the chair a bit so to speak. Otherwise I'm just not seeing it. Forging own path has been one constant on TW's mind, articles read....can't imagine that all changing at the 1 yard line. I will say this. If LSU lands him. I'm going to be tad disappointed in the whole crew.

I have been told for a long time he does not make the trip to IU unless there is a real possibly of it being his school of choice.  This visit I believe will seal the deal for Indiana one way or the other.

There is a very very strong emotional connection to IU for the whole family. I like Archie's chances of giving us every legit chance to make this happen. 

6 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Wonder if this is the reason, TW ( get it, TW. After what happened this past weekend, as ZD posted above) decided to delay his April 20 announcement.  All along I have been thinking that TW was afraid of filling the giant shoes and legacy his brother left at IU.  NOW.   I am thinking that CW is working on TW to fill those shoes and legacy.

Hey....Feathery.  Thanks for sharing. 

Without hope.  What have we have left ?

I never understand when people say things like that. CW was the 3rd, maybe even 4th, best player on a very good team that was ultimately quite disappointing. I liked him then and like him now, as every IU can I know does, but he's not an all time great. TW is the 5 star, can't miss recruit. He's poised to be bigger than his brother's shadow. I don't see any reason he would be afraid of that shadow. 

4 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

I never understand when people say things like that. CW was the 3rd, maybe even 4th, best player on a very good team that was ultimately quite disappointing. I liked him then and like him now, as every IU can I know does, but he's not an all time great. TW is the 5 star, can't miss recruit. He's poised to be bigger than his brother's shadow. I don't see any reason he would be afraid of that shadow. 

Christian hit the biggest shot in AH this century probably and he’s top 10 in both points and rebounds. Barring a NC run Christian would almost certainly be remembered more fondly. That’s a lot of pressure to put on a kid. 

10 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Christian hit the biggest shot in AH this century probably and he’s top 10 in both points and rebounds. Barring a NC run Christian would almost certainly be remembered more fondly. That’s a lot of pressure to put on a kid. 

But is there anything a younger brother wants to do more than beat his big brother?

Realistically, with his abilities, if he plays with the same heart and attitude as Christian, they both go down as legends.

Archived