Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

5 hours ago, bryan200088 said:

I think it's a mixture of many things that others have mentioned.  Just my opinion, but I think he truly wanted to kind of go his own way.  I think he wanted to stick to being down South.  Then issues seemed to come up at all his schools that were the main players.  I think he likes IU and it's obvious his parents do.  I think we have been the safe backup plan for the whole recruitment.  He knows what he will get here.  So I think when all the issues came up with the main players IU snuck back into it.  I mean with so much uncertainty, IU starts to look that much more safe.  He knows he will get plenty of media coverage and will have the chance to be a main cog and there isn't really any uncertainty if he comes and plays at IU for a couple years.  It is still a tough decision though since I think he really wanted to stay down South. 

This went from a 1% chance to more than that.  IF we get a visit I start to believe we can finish this off, but without one I don't think he is too serious about IU.  We will see.  If we can convince him to come up within the next couple weeks then it gets interesting.  I've said all along I preferred Watford to Brooks at the college level.  I think Watford will be the better college player.  May not be the better pro or have more potential but I think he is more polished at this point than Brooks.  We will see what happens though.

If this is the case, I don’t see why he wouldn’t just pull the trigger for Memphis right now.  There really aren’t any issues there, and it’s not like Archie’s tenure at IU has shown he’s in a totally different league than Penny as a coach/developer of NBA talent.

If I had to guess, frontcourt depth is the most appealing thing IU has going for it if Watford wants to play primarily on the perimeter.  But again, Archie hasn’t ever started a player like Watford at the 3, so I’m curious as to how effective his pitch is in that regard.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

If this is the case, I don’t see why he wouldn’t just pull the trigger for Memphis right now.  There really aren’t any issues there, and it’s not like Archie’s tenure at IU has shown he’s in a totally different league than Penny as a coach/developer of NBA talent.

If I had to guess, frontcourt depth is the most appealing thing IU has going for it if Watford wants to play primarily on the perimeter.  But again, Archie hasn’t ever started a player like Watford at the 3, so I’m curious as to how effective his pitch is in that regard.

Memphis is a crowded front court...i would watch out for Alabama getting back into this recruitment....especially after Kira recommitted.

15 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Memphis has some ??....crowded frontcourt, Penny isn't really proven and Mike Miller how long will he be there?  That's the connection the Watfords have so how long will he truly be at Memphis.  Sorry didn't mean all the issues were NCAA related or anything just that each school had many question marks now, with LSU's Wade issues, Alabama new coach and the stuff I just mentioned with Memphis.  So really Indiana is a safer school.  Whether that wins out who knows, we will see if the visit gets scheduled.  I agree with dgambill, I think Alabama has a strong case if he builds a good bond with the new Alabama coach.

10 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

The world is closing in
Did you ever think
That we could be so close, like brothers
The future's in the air
I can feel it everywhere
Blowing with the wind of change

Let's smoke a bowl and fire up the hype machine.  

Seriously I don't think Quinones would be showing legit interest if Trendon weren't also a possibility.  I guess the Quinones interest is my way of backing into believing Watford 2.0 might happen.  And Trendon has to love that we've got bigs on the roster already.  

46 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

The world is closing in
Did you ever think
That we could be so close, like brothers
The future's in the air
I can feel it everywhere
Blowing with the wind of change

I will now be whistling for the rest of the day. Thanks... 😎

55 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Let's smoke a bowl and fire up the hype machine.  

Seriously I don't think Quinones would be showing legit interest if Trendon weren't also a possibility.  I guess the Quinones interest is my way of backing into believing Watford 2.0 might happen.  And Trendon has to love that we've got bigs on the roster already.  

If these 2 end up at the same school IU makes more sense than Memphis.   With the Tigers they'd have a great class of freshman but that's it.  And they'd be with a coach that is cool but has zero accomplishments coaching at the college level.   They would be perfect fits for what we already have.

A big part about getting better individually comes from the competition that you face.  I'll take Indiana's schedule any day over an American Conference one.  I hope they  consider that as well.

Go Hoosiers!!!

16 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

If these 2 end up at the same school IU makes more sense than Memphis.   With the Tigers they'd have a great class of freshman but that's it.  And they'd be with a coach that is cool but has zero accomplishments coaching at the college level.   They would be perfect fits for what we already have.

A big part about getting better individually comes from the competition that you face.  I'll take Indiana's schedule any day over an American Conference one.  I hope they  consider that as well.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Not to mention television exposure nationally. You have to really make an effort to find Memphis games on tv.

36 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I got your new avatar, the moment you posted it.  But Jerry Lawler ?  Had to google that.  LOL

Whoa...you have been gone from Indiana for awhile...the King used to sell a lot of furniture in Evansville when he wasn't suplexing some large man in tights.

4 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Whoa...you have been gone from Indiana for awhile...the King used to sell a lot of furniture in Evansville when he wasn't suplexing some large man in tights.

True. Very true.  Been gone from Indiana for a long time.  My wrestling knowledge dates a lot earlier.  A guy, born inDelphi, Indiana.... raised in Indianapolis.....and his cousin...."The Crusher".  LOL

Dick the Bruiser 

Just now, milehiiu said:

True. Very true.  Been gone from Indiana for a long time.  My wrestling knowledge dates a lot earlier.  A guy, from Delphi, Indiana.... and his cousin...."The Crusher".  LOL

Dick the Bruiser 

I participated ( and won) a  20 man battle royal and was given 10 "real" chops across the chest from Bobo Brazile Jr. I had the bruises for weeks to prove it.

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

I participated ( and won) a  20 man battle royal and was given 10 "real" chops across the chest from Bobo Brazile Jr. I had the bruises for weeks to prove it.

Only on Hoosier Sports Nation, would a thread about Trendon Watford....evolve into a thread about professional wrestling.  Personally... I love it.  Great story... and thanks for sharing. 

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

It never ceases to amaze me the ways we can get off topic in a thread here on HSN lol....wrestling??? Ha!! Good times!! I’m wondering if their was a voice in the wind that makes us feel more positive or is this just a hunch like others lol. Carry on!!

As Tony the Tiger says :  It's what  makes Hoosier Sports Nation....... GREAT !

Archived