Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently early May, so not much longer.  Just altogether an odd recruitment really.  Weird that he even let IU back into the picture if he really wasn't entertaining it much.  LSU is an odd decision but if Wade is going to be at the school maybe there is staying power with some of these recruits.  I don't think the Watfords are into the shady aspect of recruiting so I don't think that played a role.  Just really odd altogether the way this one has gone.  Can't say odd enough lol!

45 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't understand why he would even look at LSU with possible sanctions as well as their top 5 players declaring for the draft.

My guesses are:

Since Wade is reinstated, LSU isn't likely to do anything else to him, and the NCAA won't do anything related to the FBI findings until all the cases are over. So if the NCAA ever did do anything to Wade/LSU, it would likely be well after T-Wat's time there is over.

5 players declaring for the draft = playing time and being the man that it has been stated he wants to be.

LSU is in the south - closer to home/easier for parents to make home AND road games.

1 hour ago, bryan200088 said:

Apparently early May, so not much longer.  Just altogether an odd recruitment really.  Weird that he even let IU back into the picture if he really wasn't entertaining it much.  LSU is an odd decision but if Wade is going to be at the school maybe there is staying power with some of these recruits.  I don't think the Watfords are into the shady aspect of recruiting so I don't think that played a role.  Just really odd altogether the way this one has gone.  Can't say odd enough lol!

At this point there is so much dirt on the LSU program there is no way that a top recruit can go there and not be guilty by association. Hope that's not where Watford goes.

Just my opinion only. If a kid let alone a high profile recruit chooses LSU right now....I can't in my common sense head ask what in the world is that family thinking? Even if they are 100% free of any shady dealings the assumption in public is dirty. Why a family would want their own child start their introduction to the professional world this way is beyond me.

It's like saying Enron wasn't doing anything wrong. I'll go there to prepare myself for the world....after they were already in court for years of fraud. 

2 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Romeo shot appx 35% from deep in the latter half of the season or so, and that was with the injury. He was also one of the highest/most efficient scoring players in college ball off the pick and roll. He had a very good season, but the expectations and the team's collapse colored his contribution negatively. Didn't help that we had some jealousy/discord on the team.

I didnt say i considered his season a dud.  But, from the numbers he put up in high school and from some of the things i saw, i expected a LITTLE bit more.  Not a lot, a little.

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I don't understand why he would even look at LSU with possible sanctions as well as their top 5 players declaring for the draft.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to have Watford. IU needs a stretch 4 with his talent and skill, but looking at the roster I’m not sure why he’d pick IU? Our current 4, while flawed, is a returning junior, we also have a McDonald’s American coming in that will play minutes there’s, and a RS sophomore that was a top 100 recruit that will be looking to get minutes. 

That doesn’t even account for the potential of Hunter playing some 4 in a small ball lineup. 

4 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Love the Watford family and I'll never accuse them of being dirty, but I will question their judgment if Trendon ends up at LSU.  I'm not sure there's a dirtier coach than Will Wade.

Agree with you in terms of LSU.  However I can understand wanting Trendon playing closer to home.  The Watford's were such frequent visitors to Bloomington.... that they literally wore out a mini van of theirs.... traveling back and forth, to watch Trendon's  older brother.... with  a youngTrendon in tow.

25 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Love the Watford family and I'll never accuse them of being dirty, but I will question their judgment if Trendon ends up at LSU.  I'm not sure there's a dirtier coach than Will Wade.

Guilty or not, he goes to LSU now, he looks dirty. Honestly, I’d assume that it is a shady recruitment. Make no mistake, I think Archie plays the game. But he isn’t playing in the same league of crap that Will Wade is playing in. Good luck to Trenton wherever he goes. 

I wondered since Christian didn’t make it in the league and get millions, that Trendon might want to cash in a little now just in case. To be completely fair, if I’m in those shoes I take the money and just report it on my taxes. In the clear, turn pro after one year and leave Will Wade in a shit storm and say thanks for the 300k. 

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

WOW! Not exactly a lot of confidence in the Hoosiers making the Dance next season.....

If you are CONFIDENT that IU will make the dance next year, you have some crimson colored glasses that are very thick.

12 minutes ago, BDB said:

If you are CONFIDENT that IU will make the dance next year, you have some crimson colored glasses that are very thick.

Yeah on the surface you lose your best two players and only consistent scorers it makes sense to doubt...but I do think there might be improvement from chemistry though.

Just now, dgambill said:

Yeah on the surface you lose your best two players and only consistent scorers it makes sense to doubt...but I do think there might be improvement from chemistry though.

I agree.  However, I am not about to use the word confident along with IU & NCAA tourney.  There are A LOT of question marks right now.

So...

It’s been acknowledged that recruits, players, and their families read these boards.

CAM has gotten IU positioned as a finalist for a great kid, and great player, when several months ago we were completely out of the picture.

Not only is the kid a high level basketball talent, but he comes from a family who, by all reports, loved and loves IU, even though the guy who coached older son was fired. Loves the university so much that they remain connected to the community still, from hundreds of miles away.

Yet, we’ve got someone on here that for some reason thinks that, just maybe, the kid and his family are looking for a payoff, for among other reasons, because older brother didn’t cash in big time in pro ball.

If the Watford family does read this board, I want to apologize for the insinuations made here.

Sometimes I wonder how much thought goes into how things come across before posters hit the submit button 

Archived