Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

1 minute ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I’m sure Archie is shocked, just SHOCKED, about Sean’s recruiting tactics, lol

Wouldn't be the first time a pair of brothers fell on opposite sides of this spectrum.  There have been rumors about Scott Drew abounding for years, while Bryce appears to be relatively clean. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

There are a lot that think Romeos dad running the AAU and getting paid by Addidas meant coming to IU an Addidas school was shady. I think Trendon ends up at Alabama but wherever he goes his family is class and I will root for him.

I don't think anyone is saying anything different than that. IU fans love the Watford's. Some are just saying that this isn't rumor of a coach being dirty, this is direct wiretap conversations of Will Wade discussing paying a player that he landed $300K. If after that you don't cut a school from your list, or you even end up going there, then you are opening yourself up to whatever scrutiny might come your way. 

13 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Wouldn't be the first time a pair of brothers fell on opposite sides of this spectrum.  There have been rumors about Scott Drew abounding for years, while Bryce appears to be relatively clean. 

You mean Bryce Drew who recruited a five star superclass at Vandy?

Regardless of whether you think Archie’s engaging in dirty recruiting tactics at IU, he was Sean’s lead recruiter for two years at Arizona.  Would be a real stretch to think he has no awareness of how Sean operates.

4 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Regardless of whether you think Archie’s engaging in dirty recruiting tactics at IU, he was Sean’s lead recruiter for two years at Arizona.  Would be a real stretch to think he has no awareness of how Sean operates.

So all siblings going to be just a like so Why was John Wayne Gasey's sister not become a serial killer.

35 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well she was interviewed on one of  shows I watched about Gasey and she was a nice sweet old lady.

History has taught a lot about siblings 

Frank and Jesse James

The Menendez Brothers 

John and Robert Kennedy 

Orville and Wilbur Wright 

The Alou brothers 

The Baldwins, Wahlbergs

All kinds of example of siblings that follow up each other in their pursuits 

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Of course, that assumes he operated that way when Archie was on his staff.  If he started started cheating after Archie left, your statement would alternately assume that he called Archie and said, "look, this is how I'm getting all these 5-star players at Arizona.  You might want to start offering cash if you want better recruits."

...or maybe Archie is not a cheater.

2 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Exactly. I laugh at the brother stuff. 

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Frank and Jesse James

The Menendez Brothers 

John and Robert Kennedy 

The Alou brothers 

The Baldwins, Wahlbergs

Hmmmmm.......Billy and Jimmy Carter?

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Frank and Jesse James

The Menendez Brothers 

John and Robert Kennedy 

The Alou brothers 

The Baldwins, Wahlbergs

Matt Haarms and an ostrich.

After seeing all the wiretaps and recruiting scandals, if Archie still crosses the line, he would have to be a big ****ing idiot.  There may be grey area where everyone has to navigate, and probably he can stay out of trouble. But the timing of all the FBI stuff was a huge gift for Archie because it gave him a splash of cold water to the face if he had any inclination to commit any shenanigans.  

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Frank and Jesse James

The Menendez Brothers 

John and Robert Kennedy 

The Alou brothers 

The Baldwins, Wahlbergs

Greg and Pat Graham. 

My dad and I had my mom convinced we had a pair of brothers named Graham on our team. She sometimes got guys mixed up so she didn’t catch on for a while. We were at a game when they happened to check in at the same time. Chuck Crabbe said, “Now checking in for the Hoosiers #20 Greg Graham and #33 Pat Graham.”  When she saw them side by side she yelled at us, “They’re not brothers!”  It was a dull, non conference game crowd and I think half of Assembly Hall heard her. 

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Greg and Pat Graham. 

My dad and I had my mom convinced we had a pair of brothers named Graham on our team. She sometimes got guys mixed up so she didn’t catch on for a while. We were at a game when they happened to check in at the same time. Chuck Crabbe said, “Now checking in for the Hoosiers #20 Greg Graham and #33 Pat Graham.”  When she saw them side by side she yelled at us, “They’re not brothers!”  It was a dull, non conference game crowd and I think half of Assembly Hall heard her. 

How about Larry and Big Bird?

Archived