Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Precious just committed to Memphis. One would assume that Trendon eliminates them based on the criteria he is looking for. Bama and IU make sense, LSU in no way makes sense. So he will end up at LSU. 

probably a forgone conclusion he ends up at LSU

18 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Precious just committed to Memphis. One would assume that Trendon eliminates them based on the criteria he is looking for. Bama and IU make sense, LSU in no way makes sense. So he will end up at LSU. 

Nothing more frustrating that seeing a crooked program continuing to reel in great recruits.  I don't get LSU at all.  I could make a stronger argument for any of his other finalists than I can make for a program that should be on sanctions.  If LSU gets hit in the next few months, they most likely miss the tournament and every player on the team is under a cloud of suspicion simply by association with a crooked program.  Not a great way to spend your college career.

10 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

At this point I'm hoping he goes to Alabama just to save face.  

This is from Reddit:

So let me get this straight:

• James Wiseman 5* (#1)

• Precious Achiuwa 5* (#14)

• Boogie Ellis 4* (#37)

• DJ Jeffries 4* (#48)

• Lester Quinones 4* (#56)

• Malcolm Dandridge 4* (#98)

• Damion Baugh 4* (#108)

• Rayjon Tucker (One of the top grad transfers)

=======================================

Pretty amazing.  Penny didn't do a bad job coaching Memphis last year, either.  If another program will be seeing success, I have no problem with it being Memphis over Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, or UNC.  Give a town a thing to cheer for, instead of arrogant kids at Duke in their Vineyard Vines pastel clothes, or belligerent KU or KU fans.  I know it's all being obtained through cheating at this point, so at least give some of the fun to a town/program that will enjoy it more.  I don't know that I can stomach seeing Duke/KU/Kansas celebrate anymore.  

I read plenty of threads at the Memphis forums this year, and the Vanderbilt forums last year.  Vanderbilt fans were miserable.  The guys at the Memphis board were mostly just happy/excited, and didn't talk down other programs in the process.  Fine, I can be happy for them.  

In the mean time, let's keep on hoping that Archie is our guy, and we'll get to the Villanova/Virginia level.  It's not uncharted territory for Archie, he had a lot of success at Dayton.  We need 7-8 good players.  

5 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Nothing more frustrating that seeing a crooked program continuing to reel in great recruits.  I don't get LSU at all.  I could make a stronger argument for any of his other finalists than I can make for a program that should be on sanctions.  If LSU gets hit in the next few months, they most likely miss the tournament and every player on the team is under a cloud of suspicion simply by association with a crooked program.  Not a great way to spend your college career.

To me if he chooses LSU it makes Alabama look worse than we do since he is a home town kid

10 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

This is from Reddit:

• James Wiseman 5* (#1)

• Boogie Ellis 4* (#37)

• DJ Jeffries 4* (#48)

• Damion Baugh 4* (#108)

Pretty amazing.  Penny didn't do a bad job coaching Memphis last year, either.  If another program will be seeing success, I have no problem with it being Memphis over Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, or UNC.  Give a town a thing to cheer for, instead of arrogant kids at Duke in their Vineyard Vines pastel clothes, or belligerent KU or KU fans.  I know it's all being obtained through cheating at this point, so at least give some of the fun to a town/program that will enjoy it more.  I don't know that I can stomach seeing Duke/KU/Kansas celebrate anymore.  

I read plenty of threads at the Memphis forums this year, and the Vanderbilt forums last year.  Vanderbilt fans were miserable.  The guys at the Memphis board were mostly just happy/excited, and didn't talk down other programs in the process.  Fine, I can be happy for them.  

In the mean time, let's keep on hoping that Archie is our guy, and we'll get to the Villanova/Virginia level.  It's not uncharted territory for Archie, he had a lot of success at Dayton.  We need 7-8 good players.  

Actually have not seen UK, Duke or Kansas celebrate that much lately since those schools only have won 5 championships since 2000

15 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

This is from Reddit:

• James Wiseman 5* (#1)

• Boogie Ellis 4* (#37)

• DJ Jeffries 4* (#48)

• Damion Baugh 4* (#108)

Eight man recruiting class and he is still recruiting. How many darn grants does he have to give. 

7 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

With the way Cal is recruiting over Brooks, he has to wonder where his minutes will come from.....

I am with you I  wonder how many minutes he will get. But snake oil salesman Cal sold him on one and done I guess he likely would stay.

Brooks is probably a two year player no matter what what school he goes to. So he probably thinks he'll be the star next year. If Cal brings in a ringer at the 3 next year, then he could have serious buyer's remorse. Until then, I'd guess he's happy where he's at.

13 minutes ago, Wayward1 said:

Brooks is probably a two year player no matter what what school he goes to. So he probably thinks he'll be the star next year. If Cal brings in a ringer at the 3 next year, then he could have serious buyer's remorse. Until then, I'd guess he's happy where he's at.

Brooks has been a 50 year player for me....I still dip my fries in that tangy sauce.

20 minutes ago, Wayward1 said:

I thought Daddy Brooks was talking one and done. 

Archived