Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, dgambill said:

So it’s just us and LSU...with Memphis and Alabama out of scholarships....oh what I wouldn’t give for the NCAAS to hammer LSU on Monday.

Currently. The BB gurus over at CBS/247 have zero votes for IU.  Oh... how I would love for them all to be wrong. 

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Currently. The BB gurus over at CBS/247 have zero votes for IU.  Oh... how I would love for them all to be wrong. 

Oh I know it isn’t happening but with how hard the last couple decades have been it would be nice to catch a break. I though Romeo was that break last year but then the whole year went down the drain with all the injuries and of course he is OAD but Watford would likely reap benefits for several years.

8 hours ago, CincyHoosier said:

The state of college basketball: FBI investigates NCAA, coach caught red handed conspiring to pay for players, neither the NCAA nor the FBI punish anyone of importance, coach reinstated, and recruiting continues just as before.  Yeah, that's where we are at.  IU may as well pony up hundreds of thousands of dollars yearly for recruits at this point.  There seems to be no down side. 

Sorry this is posted in Trendons thread but this just angers me.  I'm disappointed for selfish reasons if he ends up there but also disappointed for ethical/idealistic reasons. 

Selected from the NY Times a month ago:

The evidence “establishes very clearly that there is “systematic cheating” taking place at L.S.U.”

But 18 months later, it is hard to see what has changed. No head coaches other than Pitino have been removed, and no colleges have been penalized.

But last week, the N.C.A.A. did come down on Cal Poly San Luis Obispo for violating rules, placing it on two years’ probation and demanding it vacate the university’s only N.C.A.A. men’s basketball tournament berth. Its crime? Giving athletes too much money — in one case, $5 over the limit — for books.

5 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

The evidence “establishes very clearly that there is “systematic cheating” taking place at L.S.U.”

But 18 months later, it is hard to see what has changed. No head coaches other than Pitino have been removed, and no colleges have been penalized.

But last week, the N.C.A.A. did come down on Cal Poly San Luis Obispo for violating rules, placing it on two years’ probation and demanding it vacate the university’s only N.C.A.A. men’s basketball tournament berth. Its crime? Giving athletes too much money — in one case, $5 over the limit — for books.

No
Clue
At
All

What’s frustrating is the sheer lack of give a sh!t from the NCAA. Ok, so you’re willing to hang a small school out to dry, but you need an overwhelming/insurmountable load of evidence to throw sanctions at the big dogs... or in LSU’s case, a program that’s never been great, just subpar. 

Look, we apparently screwed ourselves by firing Sampson and placing self imposed penalties on our program. It’s almost laughable at this point. 

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

No
Clue
At
All

No they are just as dirty as the schools breaking the rules. They know who makes them their bread...you don’t want to piss off the power conferences and have them go on their own and get rid of you. They are addicted to the money the Alabama’s, Auburn’s, Uks,Kansas, Dukes, LSUs etc makes them. Let’s be real...the NCAA needs the schools more than they care everything is on the up and up...the UNCs etc will always get away and then the NCAA will pick and choose who to enforce their rules on.

2 hours ago, Madison22 said:

The new Cleveland State!

12 hours ago, Madison22 said:

The NCAA needs to be destroyed. It’s pure evil and coruption. 

6 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Correct. Birmingham is central time.

As always, I get to know an hour or two earlier than the rest of you guys, living in the Mountain Time Zone, as I do.   LOL

No, seriously, thanks guys for letting us know what time. 

Archived