Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

As always, I get to know an hour or two earlier than the rest of you guys, living in the Mountain Time Zone, as I do.   LOL

No, seriously, thanks guys for letting us know what time. 

Exactly!  I have friends in Norway.  They've known for hours already.

20 minutes ago, Bedford1432 said:

IU is the only logical explanation. LSU will likely get hammered soon you would think. 

Agree, but reading the tea leaves, it doesn't appears that matters to Trendon.  Maybe he thinks he'll be gone before the sanctions hit, IDK.  Just baffled by this one.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I could see him picking Alabama and it would not bother me one bit but to choose LSU that  is a harder pill to swallow

It may just be me, but I just have a sneaky feeling there may be a surprise choice......I have zero inside info, just that strange feeling. 21 hours ago his tweet said, "It all ends tomorrow..." at the end of that tweet was an snickering emoji with it's hand over his mouth laughing. Maybe he was telling everyone....... "You all THINK you know who I am picking,...we will see!

3 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

It may just be me, but I just have a sneaky feeling there may be a surprise choice......I have zero inside info, just that strange feeling. 21 hours ago his tweet said, "It all ends tomorrow..." at the end of that tweet was an snickering emoji with it's hand over his mouth laughing. Maybe he was telling everyone....... "You all THINK you know who I am picking,...we will see!

I can only remember a couple of announcements that was a surprise and one was Robert Johnson announcing for IU when people thought he was going to UNC.  On the other side most thought Theo Pinson was going to pick IU but chose UNC instead.  The most famous one was Zion picking Duke when there name was not ever mentioned with him.

12 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Very interesting.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I can only remember a couple of announcements that was a surprise and one was Robert Johnson announcing for IU when people thought he was going to UNC.  On the other side most thought Theo Pinson was going to pick IU but chose UNC instead.  The most famous one was Zion picking Duke when there name was not ever mentioned with him.

In this instance,......this is the ONLY time I like playing the underdog. I just hope Archie is still barking in Trendon's ear, this last hour......

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Don't forget Jared Jeffries. Telling his parents he was going to Duke, when he went to bed the night before his announcement.  Only to get up the next morning to tell his parents, he changed his mind for IU. 

Just now, milehiiu said:

Don't forget Jared Jeffries. Telling his parents he was going to Duke, when he went to bed the night before his announcement.  Only to get up the next morning to tell his parents, he changed his mind for IU. 

.....I see you mile'!!! No reason it can't happen again! What I would like to know is, where is Christian and his input in all of this? 

Just now, Artesian_86 said:

.....I see you mile'!!! No reason it can't happen again! What I would like to know is, where is Christian and his input in all of this? 

I see there are two reason he wouldn't choose IU and one would be living in the shadow of his older brother.  Secondly the distance from home and he saw how hard it was for his parents to drive to IU for games when Christian was here.

1 minute ago, Artesian_86 said:

Doing what any good brother would do. Letting his brother make the decision of his young life on his own. 

I have learned from years of experience.  You let someone decide for themselves..... or learn to live with it the rest of your life.

21 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I see there are two reason he wouldn't choose IU and one would be living in the shadow of his older brother.  Secondly the distance from home and he saw how hard it was for his parents to drive to IU for games when Christian was here.

All very true, but no matter the distance, Trendon needs to play where his heart is telling him. He can't afford committing to a team because of parental convenience. He needs to play where he will be happy. That may be IU and it may not. 

Archived