Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Doing what any good brother would do. Letting his brother make the decision of his young life on his own. 

I have learned from years of experience.  You let someone decide for themselves..... or learn to live with it the rest of your life.

I agree and feel the same, but it was said that Trendon really wanted and respected Christian's input.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Don't forget Jared Jeffries. Telling his parents he was going to Duke, when he went to bed the night before his announcement.  Only to get up the next morning to tell his parents, he changed his mind for IU. 

I am talking about more of the era of the recruiting experts and the crystal ball where the predict where kids are going.  Nobody knew what Jarred was thinking the night before and making predictions where he was going.  We only found this out after the fact and not before he chose his school.

Just now, Artesian_86 said:

I agree and feel the same, but it was said that Trendon really wanted and respected Christian's input.

Not incompatible at all.  Give advice when asked. However, don't interject your own preference when not asked.

You and I are on the same page. 

Ain't it fun being a member of this great IU board ? 

At the end of the day, regardless of Trendon's decision.  Two truths will hold out.  His brother was part of one of the greatest moments in IU history.  And his family did a great job raising two fantastic kids.

If Trendon chooses to go elsewhere, whomever starts the bashing of CAM using the terms "whiff" or "swing and a miss"  is misguided, imo.

They would be correct had-

-Trendon  been prioritized from day 1 (he wasn't)

-CAM  thrown every resource at the Watfords ( he didn't)

-The media, including the Crystal Ball guys all had Trendon as an IU lean (they haven't)

-The Watfords come out and said that IU were their first choice, and somehow we blew it (they didn't, nor did we)

Hope Trendon does pull a Jeffries and announces for us tonight. But to say this was a failure on the staff's part if he doesn't, is just an excuse to pile on. 

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Not incompatible at all.  Give advice when asked. However, don't interject your own preference when not asked.

You and I are on the same page. 

Ain't it fun being a member of this great IU board ? 

At the end of the day, regardless of Trendon's decision.  Two truths will hold out.  His brother was part of one of the greatest moments in IU history.  And his family did a great job raising two fantastic kids.

Well said,....could not agree with you more!

18 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I see there are two reason he wouldn't choose IU and one would be living in the shadow of his older brother.  Secondly the distance from home and he saw how hard it was for his parents to drive to IU for games when Christian was here.

Nothing can be done about distance, but if I was Archie I would be welcome the "big brother's shadow" point. It can be so easily flipped. Here's just a couple ways...

1) Tap into his competitive spirit. Your brother won a Big Ten Title and went to 2 Sweet Sixteens. Let's track him down. Come to IU and let's get to a Final Four and get you bragging rights. Let's embrace the challenge! 

2) Play the long game. Trendon, people at IU love your brother, rightfully so. They'll love you too. But let's look at this long term. Your brother is of course going to be in your life forever, but let's think 20 years down the line when you're both in your 40's, successful and hopefully have beautiful families. You want to take the kids and show them where you played college ball. Imagine planning that trip with your brother! The cousins running around the Assembly Hall court while you, Christian and your parents look on. A kids vs. uncles game of HORSE at Cook Hall. The memories will be endless if you come to IU. 

15 minutes ago, HOOSIER1321 said:

Can you tell me when it won't be too early?

Every coach should be given 4-5 years before anyone should be calling for a coach to be fired.  Only exception is if they cheat or do something off the court that does not represent the University in the right way.

22 minutes ago, HOOSIER1321 said:

Can you tell me when it won't be too early?

He had a tremendous class last season and this year, has a McDonald's All-American/Mr. Basketball, a 4-star combo guard and a 4-star transfer center from Indiana.  It's been said that if everyone tells you yes, you're not shooting high enough.

You ready to give up because we only have three coming in this season?

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Every coach should be given 4-5 years before anyone should be calling for a coach to be fired.  Only exception is if they cheat or do something off the court that does not represent the University in the right way.

Fair enough. Just curious

Just now, FKIM01 said:

He had a tremendous class last season and this year, has a McDonald's All-American/Mr. Basketball, a 4-star combo guard and a 4-star transfer center from Indiana.  It's been said that if everyone tells you yes, you're not shooting high enough.

You ready to give up because we only have three coming in this season?

I could care less about recruiting classes. More of a wins and losses guy.

Archived