5 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I can understand why he would want his family to see him play closer to home

Birmingham to Baton Rouge: 400 miles, roughly 6 hours drive time
Birmingham to Bloomington: 460 miles, roughly 6 hours 40 mins drive time

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

All you can do is laugh. The guy is clearly a cheater and can still get these types of players to go there. The college basketball landscape would be better without the Sean Miller and Will Wades of the world. 

Sadly nothing will likely happen to them. I really think Sean Miller will some how survive. 

Just now, Zlinedavid said:

Birmingham to Baton Rouge: 400 miles, roughly 6 hours drive time
Birmingham to Bloomington: 460 miles, roughly 6 hours 40 mins drive time

Great stats.  Only question.  Do they have to travel through snow going from Birmingham to Baton Rouge,  in the winter ? 

Let' face it.  We took one kid out of the South (Christian).  Hard to take two out of the South. Yeah. Bloomington is in Southern Indiana ( kind of).   But where can you get grits for breakfast in the wonderful city of B-town ?  Or chicken and pancakes for lunch ?   Don't answer that.  Just rhetorical.

Love ya ZD.  You are a good guy. And a treasure to the board. 

2 minutes ago, HOOSIER1321 said:

Sorry. I'm just so tired of all this. I watched it with Crean and I'm watching it with Miller. We get more concerned with how many stars are next to our players names than we do if they win or not.

TJD says:  HELLO ! 

Just now, milehiiu said:

Great stats.  Only question.  Do they have to travel through snow going from Birmingham to Baton Rouge,  in the winter ?

The Watfords are pickup men (Think back....Christian....IU decal....tailgate.....).  That's what 4WD is for. 

;)

2 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

The Watfords are pickup men (Think back....Christian....IU decal....tailgate.....).  That's what 4WD is for. 

;)

The vision of the pick em up truck that Christian's grand pop gave to him. That Christian then had it painted Crimson. WIth an IU logo on the tailgate.  Still burns in this old IU fan's memory banks.  The problem is/was.  Christian's dad burned out two family vans driving from Alabama and back during Christian's career at IU. 

19 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I have never come close to driving Birmingham to Baton Rouge so I checked it out.  It is essentially one hour closer than driving Birmingham to Bloomington.  5 hours, 45 minutes vs 6 hours 45 min

Thought the same thing, but most road games in the SEC will be MUCH closer.  Birmingham is centrally located in regards to SEC campuses. 

Still wish Bama would've had a better coaching situation to recruit Trendon. I would like to watch Trendon play more in college.   

We were NEVER in this recruitment. My best takeaway is the Watford family not only loves IU, but they feel from all they've seen and heard that we are in good hands with Archie and will be back soon.

Nothing else to say, other than this is the college recruiting world we live in.

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Rabby just tweeted....

For those asking, I wrote in April 2018 that Trendon Watford planned to make his own path. IU was very, very, very aware of this. IU was listed as a "finalist" but wasn't actively recruiting him. Today's announcement is not even close to a surprise in any way. #iubb

Then why the hell did Archie waste money on an in home visit late in the game?  Or did that never happen as reported?  Sounds to me like Rabby wants us to believe he's an insider.  Garland says "hey".

Go Hoosiers!!!

8 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

;)

Ohh. I love Cracker Barrel.

Truth.  My wife and I once made a car trip from Denver to Chicago and Michigan, and back again.  Only stopping at Cracker Barrels along the way.  They actually have a web site for that.

Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner Restaurant in Bloomington, IN | Cracker Barrel | 487

1 minute ago, Indy1987 said:

Then why the hell did Archie waste money on an in home visit late in the game?  Or did that never happen as reported?  Sounds to me like Rabby wants us to believe he's an insider.  Garland says "hey".

Go Hoosiers!!!

Yep. Trying to cover up for his Garland gaff.  Just let it go Rabby.  Who wants to pay for your trash, now ?

18 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Shouldn't it be a violation to recruit while suspended? Not that Will Wade cares about the rules, but still...

Hmm... I guess if it was an Ncaa suspension it would.  Guessing not since it was the University.  Although maybe he would be considered a booster.  Lol

Go Hoosiers!!!

7 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Thought the same thing, but most road games in the SEC will be MUCH closer.

I will concede that point.  Although for some reason, I only think about attending home games.  Maybe I'm just channeling Eric Gordon Sr. 

27 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Shouldn't it be a violation to recruit while suspended? Not that Will Wade cares about the rules, but still...

And Will Wade is such an honest fellow that he believed him????  Snake oil salesmen will tell you anything to get you to buy their product....

13 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Thought the same thing, but most road games in the SEC will be MUCH closer.  Birmingham is centrally located in regards to SEC campuses. 

Good point. So glad to have you as a member, in order to point things like this out. 

Archived