Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

21 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Great stats.  Only question.  Do they have to travel through snow going from Birmingham to Baton Rouge,  in the winter ? 

Let' face it.  We took one kid out of the South (Christian).  Hard to take two out of the South. Yeah. Bloomington is in Southern Indiana ( kind of).   But where can you get grits for breakfast in the wonderful city of B-town ?  Or chicken and pancakes for lunch ?   Don't answer that.  Just rhetorical.

Love ya ZD.  You are a good guy. And a treasure to the board. 

They can stop by my house on the way. Heck I’d even throw in some collard greens if it would secure him. That said I think this was more about Trendon choosing a school he liked...it’s ok...he didn’t want to grow up in his brothers shadow. If he wanted to stay close to home it would have been Alabama or Memphis but those ships sailed.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Yeah, but the drive to Baton Rouge will be in a much nicer car.

Archie has done a good job this spring of getting us in the final two or year with all of these guys. He obviously is not doing or offering something they need to close the deal and my guess would be $$$$$

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

They can stop by my house on the way. Heck I’d even throw in some collard greens if it would secure him. That said I think this was more about Trendon choosing a school he liked...it’s ok...he didn’t want to grow up in his brothers shadow. If he wanted to stay close to home it would have been Alabama or Memphis but those ships sailed.

Got a good recipe? I’d like to try making them for the first time. 

15 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I will concede that point.  Although for some reason, I only think about attending home games.  Maybe I'm just channeling Eric Gordon Sr. 

What it does is give the family more opportunities to watch Trendon play.  Just can't see the family traveling to Maryland or Rugters to watch Christian play a road game. I hear you about thinking about home games. But perhaps the family had thoughts other than road games.  In that respect. It makes all the more sense as to the decision. In terms of the family.

13 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Oh, I don't have a problem with Trendon's decision. Much like you.

However, NOW. I have a problem with Rabjohn's tweet.  Hey Rabby.  Great to state what you said back in April of 2018.  When IU was not even going hard after Trendon.  And so noble of you, not to mention how much ground Archie made up with Trendon since that tweet.... only to come in second... when at the time of your post... IU was not even on Tendon's planet.  Rabby... you once were good.  When you first came to Peegs.  Not so much, today.  Get it together, Rabby.  Lately, you have not been helping Mike.

57 minutes ago, Bedford1432 said:

I doubt it. By the time the NCAA does anything he will be long gone. It takes them forever to do these investigations and is LSU even under formal investigation yet?

I think he meant that next years LSU team might not be good enough to make the tournament unless most of their players  come back after putting their names into the draft.

33 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I feel for Archie because I get the sense he’s doing EVERYTHING he can recruiting wise.

33 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I feel for Archie because I get the sense he’s doing EVERYTHING he can recruiting wise.

Except the one thing that gets these guys $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Tough to compete against that. 

1 minute ago, Bedford1432 said:

Except the one thing that gets these guys $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Tough to compete against that. 

If that is the only way to get the top players then I am against getting those players then.  We need to build our program like Villanova and UVA or even UW when they had Bo Ryan where you get players who fit your program and will be around long enough to build a culture of winning.

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

Except the only thing that matters.

So tell me ole wise one what else could you do to get a kid to commit.  Maybe he should have went to Watford's house and held them hostage until they committed to IU!  Go back to rivals with the rest of your negative buddies.

1 hour ago, BeerBQ said:

Got a good recipe? I’d like to try making them for the first time. 

No sorry I usually pick them up from a local restaurant...remember I grew up in Indiana so it wasn’t something I ever ate til I moved. I’m told a big key is to clean them very well I’m sure there are tips on the Internet..but I’ve had them with several different fats (bacon, ham, turkey) all good but getting the grittiness off them is super important along with taking the time (couple hours) to tenderize them. I like mine with some brown sugar and hot sauce. That said because of how long they take I don’t have the time or energy to make them when I can buy them from a local mom and pop restaurant...which honestly I think your crazy to make yourself if you have this option. Good luck!

2 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Maybe I get one right every now and then :) 

This had been coming for a long, long time and the IU staff was very, very, very well aware of it. Thankfully, both sides had a good understanding of what was happening and no one wasted any meaningful time, energy or effort. 

All the best to the kid and family. 

Same for me.

Love ya, coach.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Wonder what that means about keep getting lucky

DD is basically saying some of the kids the fanbase think are a must -- they are not good for a winning Indiana program culture.  A program based on multiple year hardnose players who play for the fans and school and not themselves.  He has tweeted similar comments after the last few kids committed somewhere else.  I for one agree with him - get program kids and win.

4 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

DD is basically saying some of the kids the fanbase think are a must -- they are not good for a winning Indiana program culture.  A program based on multiple year hardnose players who play for the fans and school and not themselves.  He has tweeted similar comments after the last few kids committed somewhere else.  I for one agree with him - get program kids and win.

I was wondering if he thought these kids were on the take $$$$ or something like that but what you said makes sense as well.

LSU is just a baffling decision IMO.  I cannot add it up at all.  Sure, pave your own way, but to LSU?  What?  Why?  I really think he is set on one and done.  That's the only explanation.  I don't care about recent success of LSU, they are garbage and will soon return to the heap.  I think he looked at his brother and thought, my stock is slowly going down, I have to go and show that I can be an alpha and go pro before my deficiencies are exposed.  

Archived