Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

On 5/20/2019 at 8:50 PM, NotIThatLives said:

I have to go and show that I can be an alpha and go pro before my deficiencies are exposed

I’m not saying that I agree or disagree, but you don’t go somewhere like LSU if you’re afraid of exposing any potential deficiencies. You go to a Kentucky, or a Duke where other five star players will take away some of the spotlight. You go to LSU based on the confidence that you can be that alpha male and be the man, right outta the gate.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Danomatic said:

I’m not saying that I agree or disagree, but you don’t go somewhere like LSU if you’re afraid of exposing any potential decencies. You go to a Kentucky, or a Duke where other five star players will take away some of the spotlight. You go to LSU based on the confidence that you can be that alpha male and be the man, right outta the gate.

Ehh if you go to Duke or UK and you have sufficient deficiencies you aren’t going to be on the floor a lot. You have to be playing at a pretty high level to see the court there. I mean they are loaded.

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

LSU is just a baffling decision IMO.  I cannot add it up at all.  Sure, pave your own way, but to LSU?  What?  Why?  I really think he is set on one and done.  That's the only explanation.  I don't care about recent success of LSU, they are garbage and will soon return to the heap.  I think he looked at his brother and thought, my stock is slowly going down, I have to go and show that I can be an alpha and go pro before my deficiencies are exposed.  

LSU has some really good basketball history...and at this point I’m not sure IU has any room to be calling other programs trash.

6 hours ago, IU Scott said:

If that is the only way to get the top players then I am against getting those players then.  We need to build our program like Villanova and UVA or even UW when they had Bo Ryan where you get players who fit your program and will be around long enough to build a culture of winning.

Add Notre Dame to that list ...I couldn’t agree with you more ...you need 10 3 or 4 year players on roster and then 1-2 kids that could be 1 or 2 and done to provide the talent boost.  Another reason I love the brown kid ...he’s a four year throwback 

11 hours ago, Danomatic said:

I’m not saying that I agree or disagree, but you don’t go somewhere like LSU if you’re afraid of exposing any potential decencies. You go to a Kentucky, or a Duke where other five star players will take away some of the spotlight. You go to LSU based on the confidence that you can be that alpha male and be the man, right outta the gate.

I'm saying, he has to be the alpha.  If he's not he will fizzle and not make the league like his brother.  I truly think this has to be about a one and done goal.  Kira Lewis would look like the star, he would be coming into a solid all around team with IU,  memphis he would have been 3rd or 4th option, same at a Kentucky or duke.  Lsu as odd as it is, he's now option 1b.  

It probably won't happen, but this Bob Knight quote about LSU's Dale Brown would be a good one to end this thread on:

"It didn't look good," Knight said. "In fact, my assistants had just about given up, and so had I. Then I looked down toward the other bench, and I saw Dale Brown standing there. I knew then that we had a chance."

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

LSU has some really good basketball history...and at this point I’m not sure IU has any room to be calling other programs trash.

I'm a little down on our program, too.  But I'm not about to concede that we can't look down on LSU.  So they bought themselves a team last year.  So what.  We're still Indiana.  

I still think very highly of the Watford family, but this was really disappointing to see. I never expected IU to land him.... but LSU, seriously? I would have understood Penny and Memphis, or even Alabama....

It’s embarrassing how filthy schools like LSU and Louisville are, and it shows that the “rules” the NCAA are supposed to enforce are a complete joke.

Anyone else ready to lock this thread at this point?

I don't see any more reasons to discuss this recruit. He wanted to forge his own path outside of his brother's shadow and that's what he's doing. Unfortunately he doesn't realize that he's better than his brother and could have been more of a legend than he was. Time to move on to recruits that are actually serious about IU.

3 minutes ago, T-Free20 said:

I don't see any more reasons to discuss this recruit. He wanted to forge his own path outside of his brother's shadow and that's what he's doing. Unfortunately he doesn't realize that he's better than his brother and could have been more of a legend than he was. Time to move on to recruits that are actually serious about IU.

Yes. Best of luck, Trendon. 

12 minutes ago, T-Free20 said:

Why lock when plenty of enjoyment can be had from derailing and hijacking?

Two stray unrelated points on my mind:

1.  From the clips of Trendon I have seen, a comp for him if he does well might be Tobias Harris.  

2.  If you are living in a world where the universe's default position is to conspire against IU (My dad has loved making fun of me for this when I was growing up), then when we have a guy like Trendon as a brother of a prominent player, he wants out of big bro's shadow.  When it's another school, it goes the other way.  Archie has expressed interest in the kid from PA, Johnson (I think Donovan), who's brother played at UNC (Cameron, right?).  So, Donovan could try to play somewhere else like Trendon, but it might go the other way and he follows the brother to UNC.  You could also look at the Hauser brothers. I'm being tongue in cheek because this stuff can even out.  A good example that went our way is an all-timer in Dane Fife who's brother Duggan played at UM.

34 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Two stray unrelated points on my mind:

1.  From the clips of Trendon I have seen, a comp for him if he does well might be Tobias Harris.  

2.  If you are living in a world where the universe's default position is to conspire against IU (My dad has loved making fun of me for this when I was growing up), then when we have a guy like Trendon as a brother of a prominent player, he wants out of big bro's shadow.  When it's another school, it goes the other way.  Archie has expressed interest in the kid from PA, Johnson (I think Donovan), who's brother played at UNC (Cameron, right?).  So, Donovan could try to play somewhere else like Trendon, but it might go the other way and he follows the brother to UNC.  You could also look at the Hauser brothers. I'm being tongue in cheek because this stuff can even out.  A good example that went our way is an all-timer in Dane Fife who's brother Duggan played at UM.

Or...Luke Zeller, Notre Dame.  Tyler Zeller, North Carolina.  Cody Zeller, Indiana. 

5 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

It probably won't happen, but this Bob Knight quote about LSU's Dale Brown would be a good one to end this thread on:

"It didn't look good," Knight said. "In fact, my assistants had just about given up, and so had I. Then I looked down toward the other bench, and I saw Dale Brown standing there. I knew then that we had a chance."

One of the best quotes in coaching history!!!

6 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Even better that the game was to make the FF (Regional Final) and to go on to win the title

Archived