Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ephul said:

Interesting that Romeo was brought up in Watford's recruiting pitch. Now that is seems Langford has his mind made up, Watford and IU meet again....

Where did you see that Romeo was brought up in the Watford recruiting pitch? I must have missed this, do you have a possible link or any info?

10 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I really like the sound of that.  Another Watford in candy stripes would be just fine by me.

Archie's sales pitch to Trendon - "Christian's legacy is the shot against KY, back to back Sweet 16's, and hanging a Sweet 16 Banner :$. Your legacy can be getting IU back to the Final Four and hanging a National Championship Banner!"

Trendon is Alabama's number one ranked BB player for his class.  So... out of curiosity, I checked four Alabama fan boards.  Lots of FB talk. Very little BB talk.  And I kid you not... not one mention of Trendon Watford, that I could find !

TW's legacy belongs at IU. 

8 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

.....or the Watford's wanted to respectfully tell CAM in person that Trendon still wants to stay closer to home.

I don't think you have a coach fly 500 miles just to tell him no thanks.  In that situation, a phone call would be more respectful IMO.

15 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

Admittedly, I've only watched a couple of highlights tapes of Trendon, but I do have a question.  Is this kid very athletic?  I don't come away from his couple tapes that he's very explosive, similar to his brother.  Anyone with more insight?

I can give a small example... I have some good friends that moved to Alabama a few years ago, so I tend to visit a couple times over the winter months here in Indiana. I went and watched him play twice this past season. 

1. He’s not going to be known as an elite athlete, but has deceptive athleticism.

2. He’s very fundamentally sound. 

3. Trendon has a better jumper than CWat had at this stage. 

4. He can fill it up from anywhere on the court. Nice back to the basket post game and his face up game is strong.

5. He’s offensively sound, but his defense could use a little work. Overall, solid prospect. 

15 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

I can give a small example... I have some good friends that moved to Alabama a few years ago, so I tend to visit a couple times over the winter months here in Indiana. I went and watched him play twice this past season. 

1. He’s not going to be known as an elite athlete, but has deceptive athleticism.

4. He can fill it up from anywhere on the court. Nice back to the basket post game and his face up game is strong.

5. He’s offensively sound, but his defense could use a little work. Overall, solid prospect. 

You sure about #3? I mean I think Trendon is a good shooter, but Christian pretty much from the get-go was a darn good shooter. Either way, they are quite similar, it just appears Trendon does almost everything else just a little bit better then CWAT, so there is the difference between 38th and 10th. 

2 hours ago, StLHoosier said:

Admittedly, I've only watched a couple of highlight tapes of Trendon, but I do have a question.  Is this kid very athletic?  I don't come away from his couple tapes that he's very explosive, similar to his brother.  Anyone with more insight?

Not expecting TW to be a carbon copy of CW, but, CW didn't exactly blow anybody away with his blazing speed or Milan phone book verticle. That said, CW rounded out to be a VERY good player. If TW is a step ahead of his brother as advertised......im ok with that. One of my biggest dislikes about FCTC was he would bring in athletes and try to teach them how to play basketball rather than going after basketball players and showing them how to train. 

2 hours ago, Danomatic said:

Having seen Trendon play a ton, this is a very good assessment.  Saw Christian play in high school as well, and Trendon has a better shot at the same age.  Keep in mind, not only does Trendon have an older brother that played for us to show him the ropes, he also has access to much better coaching and training facilities. Trendon is MUCH stronger at the same age, and has a post game Christian didn't. He has the ability to affect shot's at the rim on defense, and go baseline and dunk on the opposite side on offense. 

Mountain Brook pressures the ball full court defensively the entire game, and Trendon is able to stay with smaller players pretty well.  He is also an able and willing passer when drives are cut off. Everyone basically has the green light from three, and Trendon is pretty unselfish for someone so talented.

Haven't received any definitive news yet locally,  but I'll pass on what I hear. Most folks are Bama fans and concerned only about Spring football right now, or the ones that care about basketball are pissed Trendon may go elsewhere. 

Archived