Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

6 hours ago, cybergates said:

Care to elaborate? 

Guess not. lol I don't mind if it's someone's opinion but when they state it as a matter of fact it would be nice they qualify why. Anyways...I think he will go if Memphis get's it together this year...if Penny struggles I could see him going to Alabama.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/2/2018 at 4:42 PM, dgambill said:

Guess not. lol I don't mind if it's someone's opinion but when they state it as a matter of fact it would be nice they qualify why. Anyways...I think he will go if Memphis get's it together this year...if Penny struggles I could see him going to Alabama.

I got the feeling he was going to Memphis right after the Penny hire, TW made some comments that made me feel he'd end up there. My belief has only grown stronger with time. I could see if they have a terrible year that might sway him not to go there, but even then I think he'd still go there over Bama since they're no world beaters either and a bad year for Memphis could be chalked up to 1st year coach not having his players.

4 hours ago, cybergates said:

I got the feeling he was going to Memphis right after the Penny hire, TW made some comments that made me feel he'd end up there. My belief has only grown stronger with time. I could see if they have a terrible year that might sway him not to go there, but even then I think he'd still go there over Bama since they're no world beaters either and a bad year for Memphis could be chalked up to 1st year coach not having his players.

Didn't see the comments. I felt Memphis was leading but he indicated he wanted to see how things go and make a late decision led me to believe if there is turmoil or it doesn't go well then he may stay close to home and play at Bama. I mean they had a lottery pick this year so even if they aren't world beaters they have a shot at the Tourney and can still get you to the pros if you dedicate yourself.

5 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Aren’t all those schools dirty or at least mentioned in the FBI thread?? Well maybe not Memphis but with Penny and Miller there it wouldn’t be hard for me to believe kids aren’t getting directed there too. Is this a coincidence?!

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, CoachSS said:

Watford is not considering Indiana.

Kind of what most of us have been thinking, considering he has not visited recently. But why should he ?  Thank you very much for confirming what many of us have been thinking. 

Wishing him well, never the less.  Good kid. From a great family. Remember his family burning out the family van, making so many trips to IU for his brothers games, over the years.  He does have a great upside.  

40 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I would be completely stunned if we made his top 4.  And he is really milking this thing out

The thing about his top 8 schools, actually was 9 when he announced Kansas on his list back in June...... is that, there is a decided lean towards Southern schools.  I am like you, I would also be surprised if IU makes the cut to 4.  And even if we were to be in the final 4, I doubt that we would actually be in contention. 

13 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

The thing about his top 8 schools, actually was 9 when he announced Kansas on his list back in June...... is that, there is a decided lean towards Southern schools.  I am like you, I would also be surprised if IU makes the cut to 4.  And even if we were to be in the final 4, I doubt that we would actually be in contention. 

I would be very disappointed if he threw our name up there just for recognition. I don't think it will happen but if it does...definitely a single A league move.

18 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I have watched him play a few times. We are dodging a bullet here. imo.

Regardless, we no longer have room for Trendon. We are full up for 2019 and I expect Keion will most likely take Romeo's early entry spot. If someone else announces they are leaving in the spring, I'd say either a grad transfer or an open scholarship. 

26 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

I've seen him play frequently over the last few years.  All high school games and no aau.  Interested to know why you feel that way. 

Id love to hear more as well - my impression is that with even moderate athleticism improvements from a college strength program Trendon is the prototype for today's point-forward role

I don’t want to say anything bad about the kid and I honestly hope I’m wrong but I don’t see him being as good as his brother.   Neither of them are very athletic and kind of slow for nowadays wing players.  Cwat was/is the better shooter, Trendon may have a hair better athleticism. Again hope I’m wrong and I would’ve been glad had he chose the Hoosiers but there  are a lot better players in our backyard.  

With all deference to my fellow HSN members. Whom I respect.  And while I will admit that I have not watched much of Trendon, figuring IU did not hold much of a chance. Here's a question I have.  If Trendon is not as good as you say.... how can he still be rated a five star ?  Don't remember, but I don't think Cwat came to IU as a five star.

One other thing.  Been a while since I checked the Crystal Ball on any recruit. However, this discussion peaked my interest.  Currently Memphis is the run a way leader.  And IU does not even appear. 

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

With all deference to my fellow HSN members. Whom I respect.  And while I will admit that I have not watched much of Trendon, figuring IU did not hold much of a chance. Here's a question I have.  If Trendon is not as good as you say.... how can he still be rated a five star ?  Don't remember, but I don't think Cwat came to IU as a five star.

One other thing.  Been a while since I checked the Crystal Ball on any recruit. However, this discussion peaked my interest.  Currently Memphis is the run a way leader.  And IU does not even appear. 

That’s a valid point Mile, I just think a lot of it is his scoring average. Volume shooter from the games I’ve watched.  Think Bracey Wright.....🤦‍♂️

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

That’s a valid point Mile, I just think a lot of it is his scoring average. Volume shooter from the games I’ve watched.  Think Bracey Wright.....🤦‍♂️

Oof. Parden me.  But.... I would rather not think Bracey Wright.

And if that is the case.... so be it.   WIth what we have, and have coming in.... I can live with it.

6 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Oof. Parden me.  But.... I would rather not think Bracey Wright.

And if that is the case.... so be it.   WIth what we have, and have coming in.... I can live with it.

I’ve watched about 3 games and that’s the comparison I came away with.  Hope like hell im wrong.  Good kid, good family and wish him nothing but the best unless he plays IU.

15 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

You caught a strange game then. Trendon ain't remotely a volume scorer. Plays more of the point forward role when he is on a good team (his AAU team put him in a bad role this summer) - key quality is actually his passing and ball handling at 6' 9". Athleticism is weaker than the typical 5-star but way better than C Wat and more than enough bounce to play above rim. Big question is his foot speed and lateral quickness against the elite players

6 minutes ago, DropINLurker said:

You caught a strange game then. Trendon ain't remotely a volume scorer. Plays more of the point forward role when he is on a good team (his AAU team put him in a bad role this summer) - key quality is actually his passing and ball handling at 6' 9". Athleticism is weaker than the typical 5-star but way better than C Wat and more than enough bounce to play above rim. Big question is his foot speed and lateral quickness against the elite players

I’ve watched at least 3 games 

Archived