Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

Still head scratching on this one.   Guess they don't care about Wade being a scumbag cheat.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Looking like unless you join the cheating game getting these out of state five stars is going to be next to impossible imo. 

Pretty sweet to see the kid break down talking about Christian.  For all the bravado and selfies and on-court heroics, he's still a little brother. 

Anyway, good luck to Trendon.  Indiana is not playing the same recruiting game as these other schools.  

3 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

Still head scratching on this one.   Guess they don't care about Wade being a scumbag cheat.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Look at Sean Miller. He continues to get 5 star recruits like nothing ever happened. Alot of thesed kids do not care if you are dirty and it appears you need to be dirty to get them. 

Exactly what we've discussed for months on here is playing out on social media. Even if you believe LSU is clean the idea of picking them leads all to say it's dirty. Just beyond head scratching to me why you would subject your kid to this. I'd love to be on a coach group text right now...they all have to be saying see what we're up against? They get Wade saying he made a great offer, are dirty....and they still get kids.

Just not sure which way to go anymore with recruiting. 

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well this decision not meaning not picking IU but picking LSU made me lose a little respect for the Watford family.  to me there is no way I would let my son choose a school that is in the middle of this FBI scandal but I guess they don't put any emphasis on doing things the right way.

100% with you. I don't get it. 

8 minutes ago, Bedford1432 said:

Look at Sean Miller. He continues to get 5 star recruits like nothing ever happened. Alot of thesed kids do not care if you are dirty and it appears you need to be dirty to get them. 

I still think it's only a matter of time with both Miller and Wade.  The Ncaa has never been quick with anything.

Go Hoosiers!!!

No surprise just disappointment in the outcome.  Wonder if Will was honest with Trendon about all those "strong-*ss offers" he made to other players? 

Yes, he's Christian's little brother, but no, I won't follow him at a program I have no respect for.  I wish him an injury-free career and hope he does well personally, but crooked Will Wade and LSU basketball can rot in hell as far as I'm concerned.

EDIT: Forgot my Billingsly flourish...seems particularly appropriate when talking about Will Wade and the sewer he navigates...

1784978896_PlungingGIF.gif.40bdf90162ca095091aad4245ae0bbb5.gif

Hard to strike out on a kid that you have been on the on deck circle for most of his recruitment.  IU got in very late. And if what the family said is to believed. Made up a remarkable amount of ground in a very short period of time. My only question is why, IU waited for so long.

Still. Wish only the best for Trendon. I can understand why he would want his family to see him play closer to home, unlike Christian.  I just hope this works out for a great kid.

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Hard to strike out on a kid that you have been on the on deck circle for most of his recruitment.  IU got in very late. And if what the family said is to believed. Made up a remarkable amount of ground in a very short period of time. My only question is why, IU waited for so long.

Still. Wish only the best for Trendon. I can understand why he would want his family to see him play closer to home, unlike Christian.  I just hope this works out for a great kid.

Is this how you felt about Sean May?

1 minute ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Can't help but wonder how many pages the LSU BBall forum has on TW??

They are a little more disorganized over there and don't stick to one thread on a topic. He has quite a few threads. Most I've seen is 4 pages. 

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

We were after some ketchup that was supposed to be a lock??

IU came in late and whiffed (yep, I said it), yet sneaky Cal comes in late and swoops the ketchup kid right out from under us!! Yeah I guess you could say I'm a little miffed!

6 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I have never come close to driving Birmingham to Baton Rouge so I checked it out.  It is essentially one hour closer than driving Birmingham to Bloomington.  5 hours, 45 minutes vs 6 hours 45 min

IKR. There was an article here locally that essentially ruled IU out by distance alone. I checked as you did and found the same.

16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well it has been a little disappointing this spring because I really thought we would add at least  one more significant player.  Now there are not that many good transfers left so I would guess we have our roster pretty much settled.

I think it is safe to say the 2019 recruiting class is wrapped up for Archie. 

Rabby just tweeted....

For those asking, I wrote in April 2018 that Trendon Watford planned to make his own path. IU was very, very, very aware of this. IU was listed as a "finalist" but wasn't actively recruiting him. Today's announcement is not even close to a surprise in any way. #iubb

Archived