Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

46 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

This post appeared on a site called SECRant. Posted by an Alabama fan. No sure what I'm seeing here.

LSU HC Will Wade and assistant coach Bill Armstrong eating lunch with Trendon Watford’s parents today (2/28) in Birmingham (Watford had a game today):

D0iS1LaWsAESfL0.jpg

This would appear to be an NCAA violation. See the additional restriction for basketball

es0sjl.png

I think I would have tried to get a better picture. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

This post appeared on a site called SECRant. Posted by an Alabama fan. No sure what I'm seeing here.

LSU HC Will Wade and assistant coach Bill Armstrong eating lunch with Trendon Watford’s parents today (2/28) in Birmingham (Watford had a game today):

D0iS1LaWsAESfL0.jpg

This would appear to be an NCAA violation. See the additional restriction for basketball

es0sjl.png

If this was in court as evidence, it wouldn't hold up.  Can't see who is immediately seated to the side of Wade (if dude in the purple shirt is Wade).  If the guy in the neon yellow shirt is Trendon's dad, for all we can see, he could be at a different table.  It's also a crowded restaurant.  Even if they're at adjacent tables, could be hard to hear from a different table due to noise.

All it shows is that they had lunch in Birmingham at the same restaurant Trendon's parents were at.  We all know what probably really happened, but that's all the evidence that one photo shows.  Hate to burst the bubble, but that's barely a gun, let alone the smoking gun. 

30 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Maybe someday the Hoosiers will be like Duke and UK when it comes to recruits.

Kind of like the old EF Hutton commercial, "When they speak, you listen".......

I don't know if I want to be like Duke and UK when it comes to recruits.

5 minutes ago, rico said:

I don't know if I want to be like Duke and UK when it comes to recruits.

I know I do in the sense that if IU comes to recruit you then you take them serious from the moment they first make contact in your recruitment. That is how it is with UK, Duke, Kansas, and UNC and sadly isn't the case with IU right now unless the recruit seems to be from Indiana. That could be starting to change however sense IU has gotten in late with Quinones and he seems to be really interested in IU at this time. 

Trendon had another great game, and Mountain Brook dominated the game from start to finish. The outcome was never in doubt,  and Trendon was very unselfish as usual. He had 22 I believe, along with a bunch of rebounds and assists.  So glad we got to enjoy he and his family for 4 years!

As I've said before, there's a ton of respect for IU from the family. However,  I've never once heard from any source down here that he was seriously thinking of attending IU. I've enjoyed watching him these 4 years, and will cheer for him as long as he doesn't attend Duke!

30 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Trendon had another great game, and Mountain Brook dominated the game from start to finish. The outcome was never in doubt,  and Trendon was very unselfish as usual. He had 22 I believe, along with a bunch of rebounds and assists.  So glad we got to enjoy he and his family for 4 years!

As I've said before, there's a ton of respect for IU from the family. However,  I've never once heard from any source down here that he was seriously thinking of attending IU. I've enjoyed watching him these 4 years, and will cheer for him as long as he doesn't attend Duke!

or UK!

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

If he makes it to game Sunday he is ours. Only shot we have.  I could see Bama as the default choice.

Crowd will be amped, in addition to it being senior day. 

And just in case, someone needs to nudge him and tell him to pay attention to #10.  Yogi and Christian spent a year together.  Why not pair the next Watford with IU's next great PG?

9 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Crowd will be amped, in addition to it being senior day. 

And just in case, someone needs to nudge him and tell him to pay attention to #10.  Yogi and Christian spent a year together.  Why not pair the next Watford with IU's next great PG?

Unfortunately the students will be out.

Archived