Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Is LSU back to being the team to beat with Will Wade being reinstated?

I think the Watford family understands that the NCAA still has a lot of interest in Mr. Wade's recruiting practices.  If the NCAA intends to exist in the future, they have to address the cheating.

A rule unenforced is no longer a rule.

20 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I think the Watford family understands that the NCAA still has a lot of interest in Mr. Wade's recruiting practices.  If the NCAA intends to exist in the future, they have to address the cheating.

A rule unenforced is no longer a rule.

Doesnt mean they can't go back and retroactively enforce it though.

Knowing the NCAA, they won't, but it could happen.

Either way, I'd say we're ahead of LSU at this point, if they're even still in it.

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Remember with Will Wade though, it wasn’t the NCAA that reinstated him it was LSU. The NCAA hasn’t even started an investigation yet. 

The NCAA is a joke.  History has shown that if you cooperate with them that they throw the book at you, but if you deny and obstruct you will be fine.  Waiting on an NCAA investigation does not give me a whole lot of confidence...

IU has had a historical pride in playing by the rules, at least since 1970.  Former President Adam Herbert was a latecomer, having arrived in 2003.  At the time, IU only has had one African-American coach in any sport, Mike Davis.  Herbert, not steeped in the IU culture as a latecomer, insisted on going for a minority to replace Mike Davis. Yer he picked Kelvin Sampson, who was already on probation. Minority or not, Kelvin Sampson is a good coach but should have been DQ’ed based on his prior violations.  So, you have a president who is lost in terms of IU’s culture and attitudes hiring a head coach without the ethical compass IU demands. 

After IUs own compliance found his phone violations — and this predated eccentric Fred Glass by a year — they self reported and essentially threw away two seasons, thereby making it difficult for IU in the form of Tom Crean to build up a sound program from the jump.  While a noble mentality based on IUs traditions for over four decades, this decision proved to be naive at best.  Other schools with far more aggressive postures and much worse scandals (think: North Carolina) fought authority and the law, and unlike the famous songs, UNC came out on top.  Who knows if IU would have even gotten caught?  You see a school like Louisville with a much more devious scandal, and they aren’t sacrificing two years and all progress.  The lessons and comparisons are clear as to which path is more desirable.  IU made a tragic mistake hiring Sampson, an addicted cheater, and then threw the book itself for being stupid in its hiring.  It’s all so stupid.  With friends like these within the administration, who needs enemies?

10 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I am surprised that nothing has leaked out about the Archie's weekend visit with Trendon....I am anxiously waiting to find out If Archie made a dent or helped IU. At this point, If we are not even in his top 3, let us know.....and we can let him go....

Agreed.  I thought we would have some more into by now.  When was his announcement date set for.  I thought is was this week.

19 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Can I hope that his heart is fluttering for IU and he just needs some time to think things through?  Maybe it’s a good thing if we’ve gotten in his head in a good way.  

That  with LSU reinstating Wade that is making him have second thoughts.

Archived