Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

^^^ BDB.  I will grant you that at the start of last season, our defense left a lot to be desired.  But as we worked through the injuries, and the end of the season.... I felt the defense improved exponentially.

I agree statistically our defense was definitely good enough to win most our games...it was the offense that let us down.

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

How can anyone really say that until you see him up against college level players.  If healthy Davis is a way better low post scorer and defender and Brunk is also a better offensive player.

Wait, wait wait...On one hand you chastise for speculation that he's our best frontcourt player without seeing him play college level competition, THEN you assert, without seeing him play against college level competition,  that Davis and Brunk are unequivocally better low post, offensive, and defensive players?

How does that work in your mind?

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Wait, wait wait...On one hand you chastise for speculation that he's our best frontcourt player without seeing him play college level competition, THEN you assert, without seeing him play against college level competition,  that Davis and Brunk are unequivocally better low post, offensive, and defensive players?

How does that work in your mind?

Because I have watched all of those players in person and I see what I see and that is that Davis and Brunk at this time is the better low post players.  Not saying that will be the case after TJD gets into our strength and conditioning program and start playing against top college players.

35 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

How can anyone really say that until you see him up against college level players.  If healthy Davis is a way better low post scorer and defender and Brunk is also a better offensive player.

They are not better low post scorers than TJD. 

51 minutes ago, btownqb said:

They are not better low post scorers than TJD. 

I hope our fan base is not setting TJD to fail because of some unrealistic expectations that we will put on him.  If he comes in and averages 10 and 5 some will say it is a disappointment but this is what I see him averaging.  I am sure after UNC fans saw Little totally dominate the McDonalds All American game they thought he would come in a dominate but he averaged 9 points a game.

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I hope our fan base is not setting TJD to fail because of some unrealistic expectations that we will put on him.  If he comes in and averages 10 and 5 some will say it is a disappointment but this is what I see him averaging.  I am sure after UNC fans saw Little totally dominate the McDonalds All American game they thought he would come in a dominate but he averaged 9 points a game.

11-13pts and 6-7 rebs

Both better outputs than Davis and Brunk. Little is not a good comparison, at all. 

Just now, IU Scott said:

Why is that? both McDonalds All Americans and fan bases who thought they would come in and start right away.

Because Little played on #1 seed (Top 5 ranked team).. we aren't even close to that. He also played a position that UNC had an All-Conference player at that position. We have two backups (solid players, but backups and one with major injury problems). 

Just now, Blazin Hazin said:

Hmmmm....what's the trend regarding McDonald's AA's as freshman? 

Romeo-started

Bryant- started

Blackmon- I think started- but I can't totally remember

Vonleh- started

Yogi- Started

Zeller- started

Eric Gordon- started

Dj white- Started

Jeffies- Started

I think there's a trend.  

Blackmon started 

31 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If he comes in and averages 10 and 5 some will say it is a disappointment but this is what I see him averaging.  

I would call that a success and that would be equal to about what Brunk (on a terrible Butler team) + Davis (on a terrible IU team) combined for last year.  

What would we be complaining about if between those three we got 20+ points and 10+ boards.

37 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

How many guys average 10 and 5 off the bench?  Those are basically starters' numbers

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

If TJD comes in and averages 10/5...ill probably kill myself.........trying to do backflips!!!  Play good D, rebound, make your lay-ups and freethrows.  We aren't asking for Wilt right outa the gate.  Just do the little things right and he'll be fine.

Just now, 3Ballin said:

If TJD comes in and averages 10/5...ill probably kill myself.........trying to do backflips!!!  Play good D, rebound, make your lay-ups and freethrows.  We aren't asking for Wilt right outa the gate.  Just do the little things right and he'll be fine.

Totally agree but some fans will think since he is a 5 star player he will come in and dominate.  Just look at Romeo where he had the 3rd highest scoring season in IU history for freshman and people think he did not have a good season.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Totally agree but some fans will think since he is a 5 star player he will come in and dominate.  Just look at Romeo where he had the 3rd highest scoring season in IU history for freshman and people think he did not have a good season.

I think he had a good season, but it could've been even better.  I expected him to shoot better from 3 and be a little more agressive with the ball, but who knows how much his wrist played into that?  He (and everyone else) missed a LOT of wide open shots.

27 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think some of those feelings were magnified because the team had such a bad season

45 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

I think he had a good season, but it could've been even better.  I expected him to shoot better from 3 and be a little more agressive with the ball, but who knows how much his wrist played into that?  He (and everyone else) missed a LOT of wide open shots.

Romeo shot appx 35% from deep in the latter half of the season or so, and that was with the injury. He was also one of the highest/most efficient scoring players in college ball off the pick and roll. He had a very good season, but the expectations and the team's collapse colored his contribution negatively. Didn't help that we had some jealousy/discord on the team.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Romeo is a shooting guard that can't shoot.  As good as he is and I'd love to have him for another season he was a terrible fit for this year's team IMO.  We win a lot more games with a Jordan Hulls this season.  Just my opinion and I'm sure everyone here disagrees.

7 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Romeo is a shooting guard that can't shoot.  As good as he is and I'd love to have him for another season he was a terrible fit for this year's team IMO.  We win a lot more games with a Jordan Hulls this season.  Just my opinion and I'm sure everyone here disagrees.

I blame most of his lack of shooting on his injured wrist because I saw Romeo many times in person in high school and he shot pretty well.

Archived