Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

You should keep an eye on Will Wade...

I mean I'd keep an eye on all 3....Alabama, Memphis, LSU....haven't they all been mentioned in the fbi probe? Anyways I think the young man wants to establish his own legacy and I understand that. I think he would be a perfect fit here at IU but it's a long shot for us given our roster make up.

23 hours ago, dgambill said:

I mean I'd keep an eye on all 3....Alabama, Memphis, LSU....haven't they all been mentioned in the fbi probe? Anyways I think the young man wants to establish his own legacy and I understand that. I think he would be a perfect fit here at IU but it's a long shot for us given our roster make up.

No mention of Memphis at all. Alabama was mentioned but was confident enough that they were in the clear that they decided to keep playing Collin Sexton so who knows

I’d be pleasantly surprised if he chose us. Not saying that I believe that he will or not... just stating that he’s a great kid and one week it may look like he’s headed elsewhere, then commits to a school who nobody saw coming. Things could get interesting when he makes that last official to Bloomington.

8 hours ago, Danomatic said:

I’d be pleasantly surprised if he chose us. Not saying that I believe that he will or not... just stating that he’s a great kid and one week it may look like he’s headed elsewhere, then commits to a school who nobody saw coming. Things could get interesting when he makes that last official to Bloomington.

This kinda reminds me of the DJ Carton recruitment.  If my memory serves correctly(its wrong quite abit), a lot thought IU and Iowa were the front runners with Ohio St in the mix.  Ohio st had the last visit, Iu has the last visit for Watford.  Kinda similar to this situation with Trendon.  Memphis, Bama, LSU from what I have seen all have been said Trendon could choose any of those three, however IU is still in the mix.  I always and I mean always want someone that is 6'9" that has great length, a high IQ for the game, and that can shoot the ball. 

5 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

This kinda reminds me of the DJ Carton recruitment.  If my memory serves correctly(its wrong quite abit), a lot thought IU and Iowa were the front runners with Ohio St in the mix.  Ohio st had the last visit, Iu has the last visit for Watford.  Kinda similar to this situation with Trendon.  Memphis, Bama, LSU from what I have seen all have been said Trendon could choose any of those three, however IU is still in the mix.  I always and I mean always want someone that is 6'9" that has great length, a high IQ for the game, and that can shoot the ball. 

I think you mean Michigan, not Iowa. 

That said, I haven't seen or heard anywhere that IU has been down to see him at all in quite a while (hope I am wrong)...and they've certainly had plenty of time to do so. I don't think he will come to IU, but I am hoping he will at least make his OV to IU. Good for the program to have such a high caliber player and family on campus.

6 hours ago, cohete15 said:

I think you mean Michigan, not Iowa. 

That said, I haven't seen or heard anywhere that IU has been down to see him at all in quite a while (hope I am wrong)...and they've certainly had plenty of time to do so. I don't think he will come to IU, but I am hoping he will at least make his OV to IU. Good for the program to have such a high caliber player and family on campus.

If that’s true (that they haven’t gone to visit him) that says all I need to hear. Highly doubt he’s serious about IU

I feel like Trendon is the other “Big Fish” and is going to commit on his final visit. I have absolutely NO clue as to why... just a gut feeling. I think the whole “IU is done recruiting for 2019” thing is based upon verbal commitments to our staff, kept quiet. Again, I have zero information pertaining to this recruitment, aside from watching him play three times and meeting his family.... however, I think that this could happen. Could you guys imagine a lineup of 1. RP 2. RL 3. KB 4. TW and 5. TJD?? I know that’s a pipe dream, but it’s fun to think about. 

If while Tendon is on his last official visit at IU and he says “coaching staff I am proud to say I am coming to IU”, a spot will be made open for him.  I have no idea what he’s thinking, hadn’t seen any info from @CoachSS or @IUwins0708 in the previous posts about Trendon(sorry if I missed others here or I missed posts from guys that bring this info to the board) 

15 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

If while Tendon is on his last official visit at IU and he says “coaching staff I am proud to say I am coming to IU”, a spot will be made open for him.  I have no idea what he’s thinking, hadn’t seen any info from @CoachSS or @IUwins0708 in the previous posts about Trendon(sorry if I missed others here or I missed posts from guys that bring this info to the board) 

Something fun seems to be brewing and I’m back to checking this a lot now

44 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

SS has said that we aren’t recruiting watford anymore. 

48 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

As I understand, his recruitment ended a long time ago in regards to Indiana Men's Basketball. 

I stress the long time ago part. 

Did he end it or did IU?  I just wonder (and that is all it is because I do not know anything about it or have any inside info) but it seemed like IU was in on Davis and Brooks and they were the priorities not Watford? Someone in the know might be able to give some insight.

17 hours ago, iuvol said:

Did he end it or did IU?  I just wonder (and that is all it is because I do not know anything about it or have any inside info) but it seemed like IU was in on Davis and Brooks and they were the priorities not Watford? Someone in the know might be able to give some insight.

As I've mentioned before,  this is the first, and probably only, time I have inside information on recruiting. I was told very early on in Trendon's recruitment that he wouldn't be going to IU. One reason was he wanted to create his own legacy.  Another was the distance for Ernest to drive to games. This recruitment is very different from Christian's, and has many more complexities.  It sounds like the Watfords really like coach Miller and his staff, and the family loves IU, but barring something crazy, this one just isn't meant to be.  The in home visit by Archie had me intrigued, but didn't amount to anything. Too bad, I could see him playing a Morgan type of role for us, although I don't think Trendon is quite that aggressive. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived