Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I totally get where you're coming from.  I will probably follow Romeo a bit more than I otherwise would have because of him being a local kid for me.  But, if he wasn't, then yeah, the chances of me following him as a pro are greatly diminished due to the one and done.

Me too. I have many times forgotten the names of one and dones and I’m not exaggerating. 

24 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Totally pulling for the kid wherever he ends up. Whether it is LSU or elsewhere. 

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Thanks. Not very reassuring if no one from our staff is there

What is not very reassuring is he named 4 visits and IU isnt one. Now he is letting Duke in late. Time to move on, he isnt coming here.

Just now, IU Scott said:

Did he not have to sit out his freshman year or was here after they got rid of where freshman had to sit out.  If he had to set out a year then technically he wasn't a one and done.

Yes he did as all players back then did. He only played one year and was done though. The term one and done is really only applied to players of late, after the NBA rule was changed to 19 years old, so I'm joking around. He played before I was born.

1 minute ago, cybergates said:

Yes he did as all players back then did. He only played one year and was done though. The term one and done is really only applied to players of late, after the NBA rule was changed to 19 years old, so I'm joking around. He played before I was born.

I think he was there in 70 and that was the year I was born so I don't remember him at IU but did see him in the NBA

6 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Yes it is. It's an excused absence for the kids,though , and the community is very supportive. 

I guess when my mom and dad were in school in the late 50's that Indiana had some of their sectional games during the weekday and kids got out of school to go.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I guess when my mom and dad were in school in the late 50's that Indiana had some of their sectional games during the weekday and kids got out of school to go.

Fort Wayne had two sectionals every year. Day games were part of it. The high schools i attended never had good teams, but we always wanted that day game draw as an excuse to get out of class.

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Fort Wayne had two sectionals every year. Day games were part of it. The high schools i attended never had good teams, but we always wanted that day game draw as an excuse to get out of class.

When my parents were in school it was before all the consolidation so they had like 12 teams in the sectional so they had to play these day games.  I guess they were so into going to the games that one year at Rushville they got stuck at the gym because of a huge snow storm.  Another time my mother went into labor at a basketball game in Rushville as well.

Archived