Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

54 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Unfortunately the students will be out.

Lucky for us, the students weren't out during the WatShot. He witnessed one of the more thrilling moments in IUBB history (not sure if it's top 5 considering the titles, but it has to be close to #6). 

I would love to have him in on Sunday. Refreshing his memory on what IUBB stands for in our salute to seniors, being back in a building that has meant so much to his family, and hopefully catching a little of the contagious, hard-nosed, positive energy that surrounds this team right now might be just enough to make this thing interesting. 

P.S. While typing this message, the bulls*** spellchecker told me that "positivity" and "WatShot" were misspelled. Someone needs to reach out to whatever Lexington based tech start up we are using for spellcheck and get a refund. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Crowd will be amped, in addition to it being senior day. 

And just in case, someone needs to nudge him and tell him to pay attention to #10.  Yogi and Christian spent a year together.  Why not pair the next Watford with IU's next great PG?

Too bad students will be on Spring Break.

I don’t see it happening. With Duke possibly stepping in and he still has Alabama and Memphis ties...just don’t think his parents want to travel this far again for all his games. Going to be sad though if he and Keion both choose Duke and UK...be hard to root for them.

I can still cheer for Trendon.  His family likes IU alot and so does Trendon.  He just wants to walk his own path and I can't blame him.  I mean to me even if he came to IU and played well for a couple years most people would still say hey that's Christian Watford's little brother.  He wants to do his own thing, can't blame him for that.  I haven't seen anything mentioned about a trip up this weekend and IU really hasn't been going after Trendon for awhile.  I see less than a 1 percent chance he ends up at IU, even with LSU maybe not factoring in.  It would take a complete 360 for this to turn around and schools would have to drop alot of interest for him to end up here.  I see no way it happens.

2 hours ago, bryan200088 said:

I can still cheer for Trendon.  His family likes IU alot and so does Trendon.  He just wants to walk his own path and I can't blame him.  I mean to me even if he came to IU and played well for a couple years most people would still say hey that's Christian Watford's little brother.  He wants to do his own thing, can't blame him for that.  I haven't seen anything mentioned about a trip up this weekend and IU really hasn't been going after Trendon for awhile.  I see less than a 1 percent chance he ends up at IU, even with LSU maybe not factoring in.  It would take a complete 360 for this to turn around and schools would have to drop alot of interest for him to end up here.  I see no way it happens.

With a 360 I would assume nothing would change either... 😎

2 hours ago, bryan200088 said:

"Hey guys, check it out....it's Cody Zeller's older brothers....what were their names again?"

And I know, Luke and Tyler didn't go to IU.  Regardless, Cody had the more impactful college career. 

Archived