Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

As of right now we have no scholarships available so if we don't see Archie recruiting real hard for the 19 class then that should tell you that no one is leaving.  I would say that just by the odds that we will have at least one transfer since on average about 2 players per team transfer in a year.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

As of right now we have no scholarships available so if we don't see Archie recruiting real hard for the 19 class then that should tell you that no one is leaving.  I would say that just by the odds that we will have at least one transfer since on average about 2 players per team transfer in a year.

Did you count Romeo to the mix? In case he leaves, we'll have 1 spot open, and my wild guess is we'd see at least 1 transfer. 

25 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I've re-read that post numerous times over the weeks.  I even bumped it at one point.  I have to ask, was I reading it wrong or did you basically say in that post that we were all in on Keion and therefore we backed off of Watford?  Please tell me I misread that.  

If true, being all in sounds great when it works out. I wouldn’t think backing off Watford necessarily turns Brooks off. When it doesn’t work out, you are left with nothing. I didn’t like the way Crean offered so many recruits at one time, but I think it’s smart to have more than one  option available. IMO Watford wants to stay closer to home, not necessarily something we did. 

15 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Was that because Keion had told us he was coming?

15 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Was that because Keion had told us he was coming?

Can someone remind me of who stated on this board that Keion had already silent verbal-ed to the IU staff months ago?  Am I remembering this correctly?

10 hours ago, Milehi Fan said:

Can someone remind me of who stated on this board that Keion had already silent verbal-ed to the IU staff months ago?  Am I remembering this correctly?

Unfortunately I will have to take credit for that. If you look at the direction our recruiting went after that was reporter I still believe the staff was told he would be a Hoosier 

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Unfortunately I will have to take credit for that. If you look at the direction our recruiting went after that was reporter I still believe the staff was told he would be a Hoosier 

...and that could have easily happened. It's been mentioned many times how fickle a teenaged mind can be.

Guessing this was before the "Time to be selfish" tweet from a certain someone. Nothing for YOU to feel bad about. Many factors constantly in flux during recruiting. 

6 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

...and that could have easily happened. It's been mentioned many times how fickle a teenaged mind can be.

I dont think it was the teenage mind that was fickle.  People buying in or believing things that were sold to them. Unless he pulls a, ol whats his name the kid from Indy that committed to us and then went to the Evil Empire for the life of me I can't remember his name , and comes here then to quote Mr Wonderful on Shark Tank, "He's dead to me"  No really just saying....

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I dont think it was the teenage mind that was fickle.  People buying in or believing things that were sold to them. Unless he pulls a, ol whats his name the kid from Indy that committed to us and then went to the Evil Empire for the life of me I can't remember his name , and comes here then to quote Mr Wonderful on Shark Tank, "He's dead to me"  No really just saying....

Trey Lyles

33 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I also remember Terrance jones committing to Washington only to decommit the next day for UK

Archie and the staff know recruiting - the good, the bad, and the ugly.  I think what Parakeet was asking was if we stopped recruiting Watford prematurely, assuming we had another player in tbe bag.  I'd have to believe Archie knows full well that it can be a cut throat business and until the kid has signed a LOI nothing is guaranteed.

The cynic in me has to wonder if the player/family did indeed reneg on some kind of promise (I just get that kind of vibe from the father). And with Schilling being connected with the father, did he get bamboozled?  Whatever the case, coaches have to continue recruiting because there's too many things that can change in the blink of an eye.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Also makes me wonder if a player or players thinking of leaving have had a change of heart.  I get the feeling Archie doesn't like over-recruiting and prefers developing and getting older.

I do hope that Archie and the team have put any chemistry issues behind them for good. To be honest, I really like what Devonte and Josh bring to the team, especially lately. I was down on them earlier, but for whatever reason, they have show a lot of resilience, toughness, and that they enjoy playing for I.U.

I still have to believe the biggest mistake in the Miller tenure was pursuing the decommitted Crean recruit(s) while NOT going after the decommitted Dayton recruit (that Archie himself successfully recruited) who ended up at Colorado.  Whether it was because of demands from the AD or whatever reason, we would have better off with that kid (McKinley Wright), assuming he would have come here.

11 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I still have to believe the biggest mistake in the Miller tenure was pursuing the decommitted Crean recruit(s) while NOT going after the decommitted Dayton recruit (that Archie himself successfully recruited) who ended up at Colorado.  Whether it was because of demands from the AD or whatever reason, we would have better off with that kid (McKinley Wright), assuming he would have come here.

I am pretty happy that he kept Durham because he is a pretty solid player.  Also if we got Wright it could have meant no RP so I would make that trade.

44 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

We didn't have any de-committed recruits. 

53 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Crean only had 3 coming in before he was let go. I guess in hindsight, if Miller took Wright instead of Moore, we could've won more games, which could've resulted in NIT last season and NCAAT this season. Who knows?

If JS wold have progressed as what he expected and has shown he is capable of , would TW start over him? If Hunter comes back healthy like most of us expect would JW start over him? Would TW start over TJD? or KB if he was here? I know there are many different positions and lots of other coaches are telling kids that we have a point guard and 4 basketball players but CAM and staff are being honest and telling kids the truth. TW unless going to Duke will talk into a starting spot with those other schools and he might have here as well but there is some unknown and it plays a part. 

If JS wold have progressed as what he expected and has shown he is capable of , would TW start over him? If Hunter comes back healthy like most of us expect would JW start over him? Would TW start over TJD? or KB if he was here? I know there are many different positions and lots of other coaches are telling kids that we have a point guard and 4 basketball players but CAM and staff are being honest and telling kids the truth. TW unless going to Duke will talk into a starting spot with those other schools and he might have here as well but there is some unknown and it plays a part. 

IMO, JS and TW are both 3.5 (tweener) with TW having better skill sets. If they play 4 in a small ball lineup, I think TW starts over JS. But I can't rule out the possibility of both playing at the same time since TW has better ball handling and playmaking ability, so JS at 4 and TW at 3 is possible. I see Hunter as a wild card. He was a solid high 4-star at high school level, but his development and game-time experience was significantly delayed due to his health issue. I know some of us here have very high expectation on him, but at this point, I'd expect him coming out the bench to play backup at 3 spot. 

Archived