Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Seems to be a lot of activity for a recruit that no one thinks we'll get???

He looks like the only uncommitted target from 2019. I think some other names have come up, but none have been involved as long as him. 

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

Trendon is looking pretty good for waiting. He could have been locked in to LSU or Bama long ago, and in all likelihood, the staffs he would have committed to won't be there.

Exactly. We all want recruits wrapped up in November but tons of risk doing it early. 

40 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

.....wonder how big brother, Christian, feels about these late developments? "I.U.'s still a great choice bro!"

Christian loves IU but He also played for Crean. Does he love IU the same after firing his coach? Would he push his brother away from IU because of that?

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Unless Mike Miller leaves and takes UNLV or other job. Obviously Penny is no slouch but from what I gather Mike Miller has been the key for recruiting. 

I just dont see that being that big a deal in the big picture of things. Its who the other players are and he will still be coached by former NBA players. Can UNLV really afford to hire a guy who's never been a head coach? They have fallen hard off the map. Not the only game in town now with hockey, NFL coming, other basketball being played there?

15 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I just dont see that being that big a deal in the big picture of things. Its who the other players are and he will still be coached by former NBA players. Can UNLV really afford to hire a guy who's never been a head coach? They have fallen hard off the map. Not the only game in town now with hockey, NFL coming, other basketball being played there?

I don't know what kind of money UNLV is working with, but this seems like a great hire for them. I would assume they don't have the pull to steal away an up and comer that is already a head coach somewhere, so a former NBA guy that seems to be super popular with recruits is a swing for the fences move. It certainly is possible that he can't coach, but maybe he can and it is very possible he can up their recruiting. 

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

And Keion told the staff he was coming to iu 4 different times.

Maybe he told them 4 times or 104 or just 1 or 0. Unless KB or a member of the staff are honest and come out and say we will never know. Now will we?

What I do know for certain is that in Mid December talks among RP, AF ,TJD KB AND RL, about how they would be playing for a national championship next year were very much real.  For anyone saying that RL was 1 and Done without question that is not correct.  Did the losing streak and internal issues cost us KB? No but it did allow those other schools to get BACK into it. Follow those other schools recruiting as well as our own and we all can see that KB was IU bound. 

Instead Dad bought what CAL was selling and sold it to JR. The guys that we are currently watching and those we have offers to are still hearing lots of negatives about us. As much as I dislike CAL i have heard that he just sells his program without bashing ours but many others are using this season CAM's future etc... against us.  

14 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Maybe he told them 4 times or 104 or just 1 or 0. Unless KB or a member of the staff are honest and come out and say we will never know. Now will we?

What I do know for certain is that in Mid December talks among RP, AF ,TJD KB AND RL, about how they would be playing for a national championship next year were very much real.  For anyone saying that RL was 1 and Done without question that is not correct.  Did the losing streak and internal issues cost us KB? No but it did allow those other schools to get BACK into it. Follow those other schools recruiting as well as our own and we all can see that KB was IU bound. 

Instead Dad bought what CAL was selling and sold it to JR. The guys that we are currently watching and those we have offers to are still hearing lots of negatives about us. As much as I dislike CAL i have heard that he just sells his program without bashing ours but many others are using this season CAM's future etc... against us.  

Well said.  Some people just don’t understand that things change many many times.  Heck I change my mind hourly on certain things.  

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

Well said.  Some people just don’t understand that things change many many times.  Heck I change my mind hourly on certain things.  

Correct and if UL did not implode IU is not even an after thought for Romeo. I am sure that many on the UL boards were very confident RL to UL was a done deal. 

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Correct and if UL did not implode IU is not even an after thought for Romeo. I am sure that many on the UL boards were very confident RL to UL was a done deal. 

Romeo to UL was virtually a done deal but would have kept options open to go through the recruiting process, Romeo was not sold on IU until the last month of his recruitment.  This info is from a source I very much respect that has had multiple interactions with the father of Romeo. 

26 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

What schools are most consistently using negative recruiting?

1 minute ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Romeo to UL was virtually a done deal but would have kept options open to go through the recruiting process, Romeo was not sold on IU until the last month of his recruitment.  This info is from a source I very much respect that has had multiple interactions with the father of Romeo. 

That I can disagree with to a certain extent but more or less is in the ball park. I received a text from someone as close to this one as you can be. This is the only recruit that i can say that my info was coming from someone in the process of making a decision. I got that text on Feb 22. It read" Happy Birthday, Romeo to IU have a great day!!"

Archived