Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Izzo has lost out on a million 5-stars and still finds a way. We have an advantage because so many good players come out of Indiana. Let K and Cal do their thing. Neither are going to be around for too much longer. 

That’s what Colts fans keep saying about Brady and the Pats....yet they are still around.

13 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

The jury shouldn’t even be assembled on CAM. 

Oh I get it...I’m not calling for him to go...far be it...just saying we don’t have the info. So far it’s been a mixed bag. I do think Archie has a good eye for point guards and develop them...the rest we have to wait and see. I was hoping that Justin and Green would develop a little more this year but clearly he has work to do with some of these guys.

24 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I thought Romeo developed immensely on the defensive end. You could make a case for Morgan overall over the past two seasons. Phinisee came along pretty well.  I’m sure there are other examples. 

I would add Durham to the list. He absolutely improved from his freshmen year. 

14 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

This is what I keep thinking. Im starting to think Watford is a safety net should Hurt wind up somewhere else. And I still think Hurt winds up at Duke.

I think duke will have something like 6-7 openings. They have 4 committed and are still after some others. They could take both. 

If Hurt commits I don’t see Trendon going there. Not only Hurt but the White kid is likely ahead of him too. He is talented but I just don’t see him getting enough minutes for him to really take advantage of his game. They also have DeLuerie and Bolden coming back with Carey...loaded front court.

My take on the CWat peegs interview. Trendon wants his own team, doesnt want to play with Romeo. To the point CWat ask them if Romeo was going pro. Talks have renewed with IU. If he wants to be the man, Duke and Memphis arent for him. IU and Alabama would be his best bets.

57 minutes ago, Indykev said:

My take on the CWat peegs interview. Trendon wants his own team, doesnt want to play with Romeo. To the point CWat ask them if Romeo was going pro. Talks have renewed with IU. If he wants to be the man, Duke and Memphis arent for him. IU and Alabama would be his best bets.

With that being the case I wonder what his perception of playing with TJD. I realize Romeo is at a different level but can’t dismiss the fact TJD is a talented five star in his own right. 

7 minutes ago, azhoosier said:

With that being the case I wonder what his perception of playing with TJD. I realize Romeo is at a different level but can’t dismiss the fact TJD is a talented five star in his own right. 

Cwat also said IU needs better players, more than just Trendon.

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

Cwat also said IU needs better players, more than just Trendon.

I’d like to think that an unselfish blend of Phinisee, Durham, Watford, TJD and Davis with a boost from Franklin, Brunk and another shooter would gel nicely. 

Reading these last several posts shows Watford to be too much of a diva to me.  With all the apparent chemistry issues this team had the last thing this team needs is some newcomer demanding to be the man.  If he doesn't want to play with Romeo then what happens if (when) Hunter comes back and plays to expectations.  Is he going to complain that Hunter is getting the ball too much or Phinisee isn't getting him the ball?  I'm sure papa Smith would be onboard too.  I prefer someone like TJD that doesn't make demands and doesn't need tv cameras to announce his decision.  Bring in a shooter and coach the guys you've got.  If there are chemistry problems again next season then I'm going to have to seriously consider that CAM isn't the right guy for IU.

23 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Reading these last several posts shows Watford to be too much of a diva to me.  With all the apparent chemistry issues this team had the last thing this team needs is some newcomer demanding to be the man.  If he doesn't want to play with Romeo then what happens if (when) Hunter comes back and plays to expectations.  Is he going to complain that Hunter is getting the ball too much or Phinisee isn't getting him the ball?  I'm sure papa Smith would be onboard too.  I prefer someone like TJD that doesn't make demands and doesn't need tv cameras to announce his decision.  Bring in a shooter and coach the guys you've got.  If there are chemistry problems again next season then I'm going to have to seriously consider that CAM isn't the right guy for IU.

I’m with you in that I don’t like him wanting “his” team. If having “his team” and being one and done are top priorities I could see a really quick clash with Hunter, Rob, TJD, Green etc.  Probably a moot point anyway as I highly doubt  we are in his top 2.

8 hours ago, Lurker said:

Playing devils advocate here. Many of us were on Romeo for having the ability to but did not make this his team. He was too passive and did not look to take over.

Now criticize a guy who says I want this to be my team and he is a diva.

What I dont like is that he doesnt want to play with Romeo but I have no problem with him wanting to be the man

8 hours ago, btownqb said:

Trendon Watford is not a diva. 

Just finished winning 3 straight state titles in the largest class. In the semifinal, Alex Washington got hot at the end and saved Mountain Brook.  Trendon didn't force things or try to "get his" with college coaches courtside. Could've averaged 35-40 pts/game if he was selfish. Being a team player is a STRENGTH of his. Just wants to win.  

1 minute ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Just finished winning 3 straights state titles in the largest class. In the semifinal, Alex Washington got hot at the end and saved Mountain Brook.  Trendon didn't force things or try to "get his" with college coaches courtside. Could've averaged 35-40 pts/game if he was selfish. Being a team player is a STRENGTH of his. Just wants to win.  

Pretty impressive scoring totals regardless. Crushed Damon Bailey's record by 649 points if this article is accurate. Bailey finished with 3,134 I believe. Sounds like 4k was possible if he wasn't unselfish per Hoosierinbham.

The two-time Mr. Alabama Basketball selection averaged 23.7 points along with 11.8 rebounds a game and led Mountain Brook High School to its third straight 7A state title this season. He finished his high school career with 3,783 career points and an Alabama High School Athletic Association-record 1,909 career rebounds.

https://bustingbrackets.com/2019/04/03/ncaa-basketball-recruiting-top-40-prospect-trendon-watfold-narrows-list/

Archived